Mso 2007 x7r 124cc (stock form)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unit_mx

Reaction score
Rider status:
Height: 167cm
weight:64kg

MSO x7r-124cc (2007 model)
This has been my second mso my previous model being the cheaper x6r (07 mod) and both bikes have proven themselves to be pretty decent for the coin.Mso has been on the scene for a few years establishing themselves as a trusted business with quality minis with awsome customer service.All the bikes in their range have low price tags with good for value components and parts.The x7r looks like a 2000+ bike with a hi quality crafted a frame swingarm ,a sdg style chromoly frame and crf50 styling that looks the goods

MOTOR
In stock form the mso sounds pretty grunty thanks to the straight through pipe and the lifan engine holds it own respectively with a gruntier top end motor leaving the rather predictable bottom end for dead this resulting into having to carry more corner speed with railing berms and the use of clutch work to keep the mill singing.However the engine is reliable and the doughy bottom end can be bought to life with some more suitable sprocket sizes depending on riding style.The all up shift gear box holds up great with minimal false neutrals however may require getting use to as guys and gals that are used to the 1n234 gear box configeration arnt use to and all up shift gearbox,the gears are well spaced.RATING: 77/100:)

SUSPENSION AND HANDLING
The x7r features a set of generic adjustable rebound and compression set of forks loaded up with a fast ace adj compresion shock.On square edged bumps and rough rocky terrain the forks deflect badly however work suberbly on smoother ground where jumps are normally placed.Once set up for the rider the forks seem to be quite firm however when overshooting a jump a serious metal on metal clunk of bottoming out occurs but i have only experience that only a few times.The rear shock works on par with the forks both suiting each other however the shock can be rather rugged at times but once set up for the rider they work quite well.The bike is pretty well balanced and can changed direction in the air without alot of trouble.RATING:72/100:)

BRAKES AND ERGOS
Wave disc brakes front and rear set up with braided lines work well the rear is more trust worthy than the front brake which has a tendancy to tuck under heavy braking.For taller riders or riders with long arms the stock bars dont do the rider justice as they are to low however for riders with shorter arms or smaller riders the stock alloy bars would work fine.The grips need to be sanded down on the waffel and softend up or just need replacing for a softer grip to help for more bike control.The bike is not to narrow and not to wide which is perfect for griping with the knee's however i recomend knee protection for the rider as smacking ya knees on the bars is frequent and the seat is comfy and grippy.The pegs are to narrow for guys with wider and bigger feet and gives them a impression that they will bend under serious wieght so solid alloy or billet pegs would be the go for them.RATING:76/100:)

VERDICT
All in all for under a grand the x7r is great value for money and will see the rider progresing to new limits thanks to the bikes overall setup and dimensions.I am more than happy with mine and would recomend it to intermediate fast 50s riders who want a real solid bike without the price tag.
STOCK RATING 76/100 =very good for money and with a few cheap mods it rides like a $2000 and over bike.

What broke???
-master cylinder lever mount snapped
-both levers
-front fender cracked a bit
-brake pedal bent

RECOMENDED UPGRADES
-Pro taper xr50 bars for taller blokes=$84.95
-medium soft grips=$13
-full pegs=alloy-$20 (x6r ones) -billet=$40
-sprockets=$40
-straight non folding levers=$20 (m.c.s brand)
-keep chain tensioned -free
-file the fork turning restrictor round rather than square =free
-set up forks for your ability/weight=free

MSO Motocycles - Home for the specs

Last edited:
cheers for that jazle,I will update it some more and will put some photo's of my bike there will the stuff that ive done to it

bloody good review mate... best 1 so far by far...psot some piks up of ur bike so others can c ... i hav riddin it haha :)

cheers tim ,i will get some photos of my bike when i get my lime green plastics.We better be goin crank bashin today slurry....I've ridden your little red rocket with dual disk brakes and all i got was a footpegs mount in the ankle.see you at your house soon

cheers tim ,i will get some photos of my bike when i get my lime green plastics.We better be goin crank bashin today slurry....I've ridden your little red rocket with dual disk brakes and all i got was a footpegs mount in the ankle.see you at your house soon

lou i still hav a scar on my wrist from stackin that wheelie on my pocket rocket lol not as bad a the shitty cheap stock foot pegs n mounts goin into ur ankle... the pedal push was trick today... come 4 1 during the week... pitty ride the next w.e now :)

50sbrotherhood1# is miniriders 1# man slurry ,he just left in the bush wen my bike became rooted.Thanks tim bloody slippry shit ground double hard accelerating gay jump make me push my bike home all your fault tim.
Will put images of my x7r on here soon when i get around to getting on picoodle.Cheers

Latest posts

Back