Mud flap/gaurd???? just an idea :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyunt

Reaction score
Hey this may sound ridiculous but i am finding it really annoying that after a ride i have to clean in and around the shock due to mud clogging it all up!

So i have come up with an idea of making a mud guard or flap to stop mud from flying up into the shock etc! The only thing is i don't know how i should go about this? Materials and how to attach it etc!

Any help or ideas? :)

P1020465.jpg

dunno if this what you mean??? my old bike had it,

its in the shed if you want it!

I used to use the pressure washer and water got in my rear shock! So now i thought of this idea....And yeah one exactly the same as that, how did you attach it?

It hangs from frame, jut 2 bolts with rubber washers,

$5 postage and you can have it if want, its not home made, otherwise its getting put in bin on weekend, iam almost finished new bike, so all parts are going in bin,

haven't heard that before ^^^^

Kyunt the guard pitmaser is offering to pretty much give you comes stock on all the agb27s..

surly the tube will restrict the spring in moving in and out?? but man why do u worry bout your shock getting a lil dirty?? if you didnt want your bike to get dirty then i spose don't ride it =P thats just one of the things associated with 50s washing your bike =)

A cover would also prevent any rocks or debris from nicking your shock and then stuffing your seal, which would mean you would have to replace the seal.

Well just cause you like riding doesn't mean you can improve your experience. And most of the time I can't be stuffed cleaning my bike, but I have to. So if I could keep it cleaner that would help a lot. 'Cause at my farm boy does the mud pile up.

hey lads, a cheap and effective way of doing it is get a large hard plastic bucket cut out the desired shape and bolt it on.the bolts are already there so it takes 5 mins to do it and it looks good.looks the same as pit masters setup hope this settles any other questions.

why dont you just go to a decent moto shop and go to the enduro/trail riding section.... they'll have a fork boot/sleeve that will fit around your shock... then just secure it with cable ties if necessary.

Hey pitmaster what you doing with the USD forks?? off your old bike?
if you dont want them i will take them off your hands i will pay for them 2.
cheer;)

Crog, they are for sale, but price wise got no idea,

do you want the triples aswell? or just the struts,

Latest posts

Back