Muffler silencer

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvd20l

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there were silencers available (true or makeshift) for a 110cc pit bike? (just like the ones available for cars)
I like the sound but just thinking of the neighbours.
And I don't really want to buy a new exhaust as advised by my local bike shop.

yes these bikes sound good 2 u but as for the neighbours hmmm :shock:
i wanted 2 buy this silenced power pipe(sounds like a postie bike) ill try this muffler cone ill be getting off RD RACING soon see if it makes it quiet enough or ill buy this pipe 8)
cheers daniel

yeah probably try the muffler cone from rd racing see how u go with that if its still too loud then ur gonna have to buy a silenced exhaust.

but i think ill probably be getting this muffler cone too.
:)

Dirt bikes n pocket bikes, Tell us how the Cone goes after u buy one, i might get one too :p

some reason i got black liquad coming from my exhaust and all on my tyre can any ne help and i think there sumtin wrong with my exuasht i dont no if it is burnt fuel or anythin my tip where it has little spirin and a pipe in the middle it is cracked it has a line in the middle

Will silencer exhausts affect the performance at all? I have a 125 Lifan. Sounds awesome but attracts Police.

Will silencer exhausts affect the performance at all? I have a 125 Lifan. Sounds awesome but attracts Police.

It kinda depends on wat kind of silencer you are going to use .But most likely it shouldnt do any harm to the speed.

Anything that works well enough to quieten these down substantially is going to rob you of heaps of power.

Try repacking your muffler...

Is your a reivet type muffler...If so remove ...See if it needs to be repacked than go to MCA buy the fill and repack...Re reivet and Bob you uncle :)

Put a banana in it :) heheh

some reason i got black liquad coming from my exhaust and all on my tyre can any ne help and i think there sumtin wrong with my exuasht i dont no if it is burnt fuel or anythin my tip where it has little spirin and a pipe in the middle it is cracked it has a line in the middle

Stop posting this in every topic. Post it in one and someone will reply to it.

yer bro have u gotz steelo for cleaning the dishes that shit works soo good put like 2 packs of it in ur muffler and it cuts the sound by half i tryed it and it workd and my neighbors are cool wif me ridin it

yes a silencer will cause powerloss, but that depends on how much u silence and how you do it etc... end of the day these bikes have heaps of power and losing 10% for the sake of saving yourself $500 in fines is well worth it.

As great as these bikes sound they do draw some unwanted :mad: attension from nearby residents an the last thing anyone wants is the boys in blue hastlin ya for riding places u prob shouldnt be , im sure their would be an option out their maybe even repack current slip/muffler an see if it reduces how loud it is??? :rolleyes:

Look, if your riding where you shouldn't, then the blue boys are gonna get ya anyway. Reducing the volume from 90db to 75db aint gonna do jack for that problem 'cept make it harder to flee the scene. These china exhausts you'll find are packed quite well, a little overpacked if anything. If you wanted to reduce the note a little and you have a round muffler, buy a longer canister from a muffler shop and make a longer insert. Then repack and replace the end cap. Most of the aftermarket exhausts are quite long so this might even give better performance.

Latest posts

Back