Muffler

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libsta

Reaction score
Hey, I know there are a few topics on noise reduction on pit bikes.. but my question is..
Can you put a bigger muffler on it instead.. like say a muffler off a road bike so its alot longer (i mean aslong as it fits on the bike and doesnt like crappy)?
Or will this mess around with the performance?
If not if you just make the stock muffler (std round one) and extend it?
sorry if you guys are sick of hearing about this topic.. just wanted to get some more opinions
Cheers

what about just repacking your pipe?

yeah well i mean repacking.. but also having a longer muffler?
I just thought it might make it even more quiter

well they reckon the longer and wider you make the muffler.. the quieter it will be?

if its longer think about it theres gona be room for alot more packing so by the the time teh noise bounces out and through all that packing its gotta be quiter...but the diameter of the inside would want to be something similar...i cant imagine it would mess with your performance much but i am sure there is someone else that could fully clarify all this

Yeah.. well if not ill just repack it and also just get a silence off ebay.. just to shut it up :p

yeah that's what i was looking at
i reckon one of them (looks sh*tty but who cares) and re packing should do it
My bro is a sheet metal worker.. i might get him onto making a slighty longer muffler base and see if that works if not

I was also thinking.. would twin mufflers also cut the sound down abit? and one more thing.. the core.. can you make it out of say mesh.. which has more holes in it so it will baffle it down more?

Sorry if im p*ssing people of about this topic but im just trying to get all different options on this :)

cheers

whats the reason you need it to be so quiet?

long story short.. but we live on a park.. i mean the neighbors dont mind us riding there because we only putter around.. more teaching the kids etc to ride.. but i want to make them quiet just to be conciderate

oh ok.. kool as.. normally people like the bikes loud haha/

haha yeah.. well when i take it off road i will be putting a new muffler on it :)
Well i have spoken to a few people and they reckon just re pack the muffler and get the ebay silencer.. so ill just do that :)
cheers for everyones help

Just chop it to a straight through, make them all deaf and they will never hear you ever again. lol.

Not sure what you could do, sound proof it more? Chuck a baffle in the end?

Latest posts

Back