MV24's Motovert 125 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff harry, you will never need a missus, you have enough maintaining to do now lol. I love how the swinger is a std china with the a frame mods, that the std swinger harry?

Ahah girls are confusing me too much.. Went to the wrong school for that stuff haha, finally left that damn school..

I acutally cracked a fair bit of the original swingarm.. Everyone said its unheard of and never happened before on these bikes. Pretty strong bike. It's an 09 model swingarm, slightly different to the original but lines up the same, just has the little but poking out of the side and different colour slightly.

rode it yesturday, a little clutch slip but its very fast. felt very similar to the lxr just different gear ratio. i like it abit more as there longer gears. suspention is wreck needs to go aswell as the brakes.
thinking black label gpx forks and new dnm rear shock. not sure what brakes to use now, maybe mod lxr ones on
only had one issue that i thought would happen, the exhaust shot off haha

sik hazza, turn that idle up a smidgen lad to prevent a small bog down. But it sounds sik a low idle, nice and lumpy haha.

never too loud, turn that throttle and get a vid of a skid

i'll do one at my new house when i move there ok haha
dont think i have that kickstart issue anymore, but heaps of green crap in the carby, must be stale fuel.

this was the issue with the throttle. all fixed and working well i think
bikes180-1.jpg

pulled the shock off and hopefully getting a replacement tomorrow. going to make a new exhaust bracket for it so should be all good to ride again soon
37342EF1-CD5A-4D48-9DBD-52AA90DE88B5-1300-00000263CEA59B40.jpg

Looks good harry, all the bikes are coming together now. Obviously you highly recommend the pro taper clutch lever?

yeah i like it, clutch doesnt work so prob needs more adjustment on the engine side.
was thinking of putting it on the kxf but desided i'd get a zeta foldable set, much more weight to break a lever on

Looking good mate, looks like you've got quite a box of parts adding up in the background. I laughed when I saw it reminds me of my box of crap. I hope to throw some pictures up of my vert next week, when I got it I told myself I wasn't going to do anything to it but guess what, couple hundred down already oh well. Did the lines fit up alright?

Looking good mate, looks like you've got quite a box of parts adding up in the background. I laughed when I saw it reminds me of my box of crap. I hope to throw some pictures up of my vert next week, when I got it I told myself I wasn't going to do anything to it but guess what, couple hundred down already oh well. Did the lines fit up alright?

yeah i got that box, pitpro and perimeter with that box of stuff for 200 bucks haha, half of its broken LXR bits now, wheels, plastics etc
straight easy fit on the motovert, lxr going to need to make some oil line connecters, there a bolt verison. motovert is just cut, slide on and clamp

need to get another bearing for the top headstem bearing. the shaft is just afew mm longer then the motoverts frame headstem. got an oversize brake disc too i'll try fit that up.
front brake is abit weak but i'll fix that.
with the new clamps and original motovert clamps got some much leg room now, standing up for jumps should be easy as now i reckon.
never can keep a bike stock haha, i cant help myself just have to change bits, the kxf is still stock for the moment but going to change soon hopefully.

got the clutch to work with the new lever now, hopefully has stopped slipping now. can't wait to ride it with these forks and new shock when i eventally get it.

i just had an idea with my headstem issue, thinking if swapping the clamp shafts over, just hit it with a mallet would get it off or is there a certain way of getting them off?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back