MX Nationals @ Coolum

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastMarty

Reaction score
Hey guys, I read that the Last round of the MX Nats are at Coolum - 25/26 August. I'd love to come up and see these boys race, and experience the real deal. Does anyone know where exactly the race will be held? Is there a MX park up there, or a stand alone track?

It will be held at suncoast junior motorcycle club...Just outside coolum. bout 5 minutes drive from the beach....
Its a stand alone club track, I rode it last wednesday for the first time...
I think they do some work to the track to get it up to MX Nationals standards...

Last edited:
Sounds good Dyna. What did you think of the track? Good? Is it worth the trip from the southside? (to ride that is) or is Lytton just as good or better?

Its a big bike track... wouldnt even try it on a pitty as its really deep sand...and you wouldnt be able to clear the jumps either... Recon lytton would be way better for pittys..

As for watching the pros ride, it will be an awesome day!

Hmmm... sand hey (I need to learn to ride in sand )... well... I just so happen to have a YZ250F coming to live at my house forever, this sunday afternoon... So maybe I can go and check it out one day :) As for clearing the jumps... well, I might change my nickname to CaseMarty... ;)

Ha ha... sweet then... yeah, its a good track.. the day I rode it hadnt been groomed from the previous race day, so was pretty rutted and bumpy, but im told usually its beautifully groomed...
Im keen to give it another go sometime... let me know when you are going... then at least there will be 2 of us getting lapped by the other riders... ha ha... maybe we can have our own D Class....

D class. Sounds familiar. Yep! That's me :) that's cool. I'll def contact you before I go :) I will takes the new wheels to Lytton and QMP to get used to it first.

Sundays could work. :) Nope. I don't have the LXR anymore. Never fear, once I save up some $, I'm going to get a CRF70 or 110 to mod. :)

MX Nationals at Coolum is always a great day. There is a licenced section if you wanna have a few, and you can walk around the whole outside of the track. If you go, make sure you spend at least a few minutes watching either the lites or open guys coming into and through the S bend before the finish line tabletop. Unbelievable. None of the fast guys even touch their front brake lever. Mind boggling really. As for riding Coolum, it is one of the best tracks in the country to ride, especially if it is prepped. Epic ruts and berms to smash into. Make sure you get some ride time in before heading there though, otherwise your arms will be bigger than Popeye's in half a lap.

Thanks for the info Swapper. Hopefully I can make the Nats. I want to see the real thing! I'll take your advise on the S bend... sounds cool :) Sounds a bit like Turn 1 at Philip Island! Up over the hill flat, and just tip it in! [shudder] Those guys are freaks.

I think I'll be spending some time at QMP and Lytton before going to Coolum. Long drive, and I want to be confident. Maybe I need to get some of those hand squeezy springy things... to build up my forarms ready for the pump. Man, I got arm pump serious at Lytton!

Latest posts

Back