My 2 cents worth...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max99

Reaction score
I entered the world of mini dirt bikes with the purchase of two bikes for my sons. One is an Atomik running a Ducar 125cc and the other is a 70cc with no case bages (Can anyone help identify the serial DJ139FMB - I'm just trying to identifty it now) It's a CRF copy with 'Monster' decals (which means little). It actually might be a 50cc despite being sold as a 70cc. I'll have to measure the stroke and bore.
Of course it didn't take long for me to want one but I realised that the Atomiks were fine for the boys but were not going to take what I was going to dish out - particularly the suspension. Now I own a BSE built bike running the big valve Lifan 125cc that has been discussed on other posts. (I'll trust vernier guages in determining valve sizes not the colour!) The superior quality of the assembly of the BSE was immediately obvious when you put the two 125's side by side. This said, both bikes needed careful attention in assembling and all fluids replaced immediately upon unpacking. Anyone who just slaps it together and rides hard will have a short and frustrating life on these bikes. Things like the swing arm hitting the rear brake master cylinder must be looked for.The Taiwanese rear shock and 46mm upside down forks on the BSE are substansially better than the Atomik and the Lifan 125cc blows off the Ducar with ease. It seems to me all of these Chinese bikes must be examined on a part for part basis and there are many builds on Ebay that will need this or that replaced or upgraded soon after purchase. The air filter on both the Atomik and the Monster needed immediate replacement as they had brittle plastic outer cages and no rubber seal on the intake. I could go on...
The BSE is the best I've seen out of the box but I hope we can catch up to the Yanks as far as affordable kits and upgrades etc. I can't wait to get the reputed 15hp out of my Lifan!
Only good information and after-market parts will fuel the industry here in Australia.

I Get My Bikes from the BSE Supplier, They Also Suply Mojo Motorcycles, What you plan on using to make 15HP. Im ordering some 147cc Kits if your interested.

Lilscottie said:
I Get My Bikes from the BSE Supplier, They Also Suply Mojo Motorcycles, What you plan on using to make 15HP. Im ordering some 147cc Kits if your interested.

When's your Website gonna be back up and running buddy?

Lilscottie said:

Can you quote prices and specs? Have you worked and dynoed any BSE's?

yer max i got one the same as yours in ya avtar, different color plastics and bars now but basically still the same.........I wiegh 115kgs and thrash the absolute shite out of it atleast 1 a week 4 2-3 hours with very limited and basic mantinace it still goin strong.................

so far i put on 26mm muniki carb
uni filter
port matched the inlet manifold( at home with a dremel) s
advanced the timin a couple of degrees and put on new cdI box thing ( which i rekon was a waste of money cause power is round 1/3 to 7/8 throttle and when it hit rev limiter power just drops of to buggery............

and they relativly cheap ...........hope you have fun with it

cant wait to get some serious mods done.........

You dont want to make these motors rev cause the clutch is mounted on the crankshaft and spins a lot higher there. If revved too high the cast clutch housing may shatter. So I have heard. You can get a billet housing though. Still, I suspect the shifting problems on crank mounted clutch bikes is caused by the clutch not disengaging cleanly at higher revs when shifting.

Only a theory.

The reason the 120 monster is good is primary mounted clutch.

Latest posts

Back