My 2stroke Oil Ratio running rich!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taggyy

Reaction score
hey guys i got told to run my bike at 32:1 i use premium 98 fuel and the bike leak oil i can tell its running really rich does the 32 mean 32ml of oil to every letre of petrol? or is it somthing else?

32:1 is way to rich. 40:1 is the best it = 25ml to 1l of fuel

Last edited:
uhhhh its 32ml of petrol for 1ml oil isnt it??

i hardly ever mix 2 stroke so i might be wrong but yes that is right. 32ml of petrol to 1ml of oil in other words 1 litre of oil for 32 litres of fuel

but as rider456 said seems rich??

nar its perfect ask most 2 stroke riders they would most likely use 40:1

my mate use to run his yz125 on a 50:1 ratio i thouugh it was 50ml oil to 1 litre petrol

^^nar it dousnt mean that i used to know when i rode a 2 stroke but ive forgot lol

it says in the honda manual 32:1 and myn is a 2003 model... and it seems rich too. it boggs at high revs. and smokes a fair bit compared to the other 2 stroke bikes ive seen. and yes it has a fresh piston and rings in it only 4 months ago and barely ridden since.

drop the mixture back to 40:1 and take it for a spin. no damage should occur

So that is 40ml of oil / 1L of Petrol right.. isnt that more then 32:1 im confused lol!

nar for 40:1 is less oil then 32:1, i think it means 40 parts of fuel 1 part oil

bloody hell.

1litre = 1000 ml.

1000:25 = 40:1

250 ml of oil per 10 litres. or 25ml per litre... 125ml to a 5 litre jerry.

im not going to do the 32:1 ratio cause my head hurts enough at the mo:eek:

but it would be about 150 ml to a 5 litre jerry... roughly.

roughly. always better to have a lil bit extra oil, but not too much....

just think, some old engines run a 16:1 ratio...

um, 40 ml to a litre...1000:40.... would be 25:1? or victa lawnmower ratio:)

and, the better the oil, the leaner a ratio you can run.... say penrite "greenslime" for aero use can be ran at 100:1 or 10 ml per litre.... this stuff isnt watered down with solvents(usually kerosene, an abrasive) for "easy mixing" unlike mower oil.... so it is worth the 90 or so dollars for a 4 litre bottle... remember its for aeroplanes. that depend on the engine to run....

32:1 is 30ml of oil every litre..
it just doesnt run great but thats what the manual says.
and taking it to 40:1 seems too much to try... im very careful with my bike and would hate for it to screw it up... ill try mid 30s:1

my mates go karts run 20:1 and there 125 2 strokes...LOTS OF OIL HAHA

^^ you still dont get it 32:1 is more oil then 40:1!!!! 40:1=25ml to 1000ml of petrol so its less than 32:1 try it it wont hurt your bike!!

hahaha i do get it mate.

less oil means less lubrication and u can do damage.
i dont want to try 40:1 as that is a fair bit less oil from 32:1
i would almost prefer to just keep it running rich

ook haha i thought u ment 40:1 is to rich coz u said '40:1 seems too much to try' i asked my local honda shop what the recomend and they told me 40:1 and said they no people who run 60:1 for racing and thats realy lean!

1000ml of fuel divided by either number gives the other number.... is the explanation of the math behind it. hence headsmess got it done... so for 1000:25 = 40:1 try it and you see that either way you get the other number. summed up means if you want 50:1 you divide 1000 by 50 and you will find out that for 1000ml of FUEL you use ____ ml of oil. basic maths from there to figure out what you need for your jerry can :D

so for the 32:1 the answer is 31.25ml of oil per 1000ml of fuel... which multiplied by 5 is basically what headsmess said exact answer is 156.25ml of oil to 5L of fuel.

lol guys this is like early highschool maths... who said you'd need it later on in life lol

funny thing here is that a few weekends ago i got asked this question and my brain shut down but seeing it written down and BINGO 1+1 = window .. it just clicked...
really sometimes i just feel stupid... roflmao... bring the comments on that :D

shit thats lean ay!

ok fine you have convinced me.
i will run some premium BP fuel and some silicone 2 stroke mix at 40:1 and give it a go..
lol im in the same position as taggy

yeah well im trying it out this sunday see how it goes thanks a lot i understand now :) ! Ill let you all know how it goes on sunday and see if it leaks oil or smokes but im guessing it should be 100perfect! thanks for letting me no i understand now

Last edited:
40:1 equals 25ml of oil to a litre of petrol.

what oil do you use? I know with some of the good shiz you dont have to run as much..

I know motul have a little card that you can get saying how much you should run, like if you are running 25ml to a litre and then you start using motul you will only have to run 20ml of oil.....

Latest posts

Back