My 50 build :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty_77

Reaction score
Here is my little 50, Im unsure what brand it is.

So far I have recently done...

72cc 4 speed all done engine with inner rotor kit, jap carby (uni filter) and port and polished
Oil cooler
Race exhaust with heat wrap
Honda crf50 (non genuine seat)
280mm rear gas shock
New tyres
Top clamp made from a honda postie to raise the front end

What to do next:
Fully strip and gusset top engine mounts
Paint frame red I think
Crf70 swingarm or something that is longer
Crf50 forks
Change fork bearings as Im always getting movement
new plastics and stickers
New wheels

What forks would you recommend on putting on here as these ones are to soft and I want something raised and with a better top clamp
Metal side cover
Waterproof side cover and electronics

Please comment on what you would like to see put on the bike
Cheers

Put crf50 stock forks on there like minifighter did :) but yeah you really need a longer swinga hey!! Will be a good little build! Can't wait to see what you make of it'

Do you know roughly how much forks go for and if you know of anyone with a set? Haha yeah its pretty short.

Should come out nicely

I'm on my phone so can't link ya. Just search crf50 forks on eBay.com there like $120 induing postage! But there black not silver or gold!

Ill check em out.
How strong are the forks? Cause I wont to raise them?

Ive just strengthened the frame. Ive welded plates on the top engine mount and also made a gusset. Have gusseted the rear sub frame and also made a steering lock as it didn't have one. Is there anywhere else you would gusset?

What is peoples opinion on getting either a crf70 swingarm? Is it worth the extra length?
Cheers

def's will be worth having the extra length if you want to raise the front end a little.a crf70 swing arm would be your cheapest option or you could get a aftermarket swinger arm,PM rach88 i think she still may have a modded ttr50 swing arm to fit crf50's for sale.

cheers,
rhys.

Picking up a complete bike on Sunday. Keeping the wheels forks and swingarm. It comes with 10inch wheels forks and crf70 swingarm. Stripping the rest of the parts.
Have decided to paint frame bright red with black swingarm

Last edited:
Sounds good matty. Does it have crf50 style forks too or going with something else? Get some more photos up soon when you have the other bike bits!

Na Im not going with the crf50 forks cause I Dont like the I dear of running forks without Oil. There non usd forks.

Yeah it fits but Im going to get a differant rear shock without that canister.

Good thinking, only so much rubbing and bumping on that shock before the seat foam gives way and you get a resi up ya ass..lol

That's how I had my Ishock. If your running a tall seat there is plenty of foam you can cut away. ;)

Latest posts

Back