My 91 Rodeo Truck, Mini Transport

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suspect

Reaction score
Well someone said they wanted to see what will be my mini truck transport... Its still in the build stage.. I have a buildup thread running on another forum but I will transpose most of it here. As its quite big.. And I dont want to clutter the other thread..

Its a 1991 rodeo with a 1996 Front End. She needs abit of work but thats what I was looking for and is to be expected for a 16 year old commercial.

Currently its lowered with 2.5 inch blocks and a reset and the front torsions wound down. It came with a set of spindles to suit however they are not fitted yet..

I picked her up for 3500..

I plan to shave her, lower her some more, satin black respray etc etc

Some pics before she was lowered..

Rodeo.jpg

Rodeo1.jpg

Welded most of the holes.. Only 5 to go!! Lots of sanding and stuff.. I also welded the top half of the seam at the rear of the tray.. Which turned out to be abit more than I had bargained for went to mig it up and boom blew a big hole in it.. Turns out there was a little rust under there. Never mine I just welded abit of plate in and carried on.

Feathered the paint around the areas I have fixed ready for primer once I have finished the other side..

Not much else to report.. Should have some more updates after the weekend.

mods7.jpg

mods8.jpg

So I finally got the tub to a point where I was happy to put it in primer.

I decided Not to shave the fuel door. I also am yet to add a roll pan but I will do that at a later date.

All in all it was about 60 holes, 2 big seams, 2 big dents, 1 tail gate handle relocation and lots of sanding to get it to a point I was happy..

This was also the first time I have done any panel work or used a spray gun so to be honest I am more than happy with what I have achieved in 4 days.

Many thanks to Mike for his hints and tips on using a spray gun.

So Today she copped 3 coats of 2 pac Hi Fill primer. In the pics you will notice the tail gate looks like it has a high spot.. Its not so its just the primer is still abit wet..

PICTURES!!!

mods9.jpg

mods10.jpg

mods11.jpg

mods12.jpg

Well I spose its time for an update..

There is not really a hell of alot to tell.. As its just more of the same..

I have shaved the D/S door handle and installed a manual popper. I have also started on the P/S I just wanted to do one side and make sure I could do it right..

I have also recoated the tub with Hifill as I was not really happy with it.

50% of the cab has been rubbed back ready for primer. I got 2 new front 96 model panels without repeater holes. Also ordered the remote central locking so i can still lock the car.

This first pic might help people that are wondering how to make a filler plate the right size. The second pic is just a shot of the door less handle..

mods%2013.jpg

mods15.jpg

Been a while since an update so I thought it was good time..

I have not really achieved alot as Ive been sick and work has slowed me down..

Basically more welding, grinding, sanding, priming and painting..

All handles are shaved the tailgate handle reversed to the inside and poppers installed on the doors.

Scored a bench seat and have installed the central locking..

Not much else to tell really.. So a couple of pics

mods16.jpg

mods17.jpg

Scottie

nice paint job man she is looking prrty killer

My god man, that car is looking killer dude! Awesome as!

looking good mate... lol i was the one that ask for a pic...but this is better lol... thanks mate... looking forward to more future pics :)
cheers

yeah its comming along good i luv the look of the shaved door handles

keep us up to date id like to see her being built part by part

top work

Latest posts

Back