!!!!!!!my bike sounds like it's suffocating its self!!!!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomik boy

Reaction score
ok im on my atomik motox 125. i slide through the gate and shoot off down the drive way...
i go to 3rd but as soon as i pull the throttle the bike sounds like it suffocates its self!!! the more you pull the trottle the slower it goes!!!
then i brake and turn around and go for it.
the same thing happens!!! then i go to the back yard and do the same thing and it doesnt happen!?!?!

why does this happen!?!?!

a bit more information: the drive way is a (very rough guess) 10-15 degree slope.
the backyard is pretty much flat so 0-5 degrees at the most.

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS A.S.A.P ;)

running out of fuel.
blocked fuel cap breather
bad valve clearances
sht in the carb
stuffed cdi
blocked air filter...

as you can see it could be anything, you have to run thru the basics and elimate most items...

start at the plug... clean it and check the gap..
then check the breather on the fuel cap then the air filter.
then drain and clean the carb..
do valve clearances...

running out of fuel.
blocked fuel cap breather
bad valve clearances
sht in the carb
stuffed cdi
blocked air filter...

as you can see it could be anything, you have to run thru the basics and elimate most items...

start at the plug... clean it and check the gap..
then check the breather on the fuel cap then the air filter.
then drain and clean the carb..
do valve clearances...

well sht in the carby is a suggested reson by my friend that fuel is coming outta the carby sock...
so ill havta look at the carby

yeah im nearly also outta fuel!!!

is there enough fuel for the on switch for the carby, is the fuel switch on, try rerserve.

to much oil on air filter (if there is to much oil on the air filter put some fuel on a rag on sqush the rag on the air filter and it should take a bit off)

dirt in the carby

yes yr spose to oil the filter, without oil there is greater chances of the fine dirt going into the engine and the carb..

you may have just answered the question to your problem

yeah if u haven't been oiling ur filter chances are u could be up for some new valves, maybe regrind seats, hmm the list is endless. i'd give her some serious cleaning in the engine before u get her running again. take the carby apart n clean that good too, blow out the jets with a compressor and a good dose of carby cleaner...

Latest posts

Back