my bike wont start.. plz help!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puzey125

Reaction score
hey guys i was out riding the other day on my puzet expert and about 6mnths go i bought a 146cc bore kit 4 it and its been running great since but when i was out riding my bike just died while out and now when u slowly kick it ova u can here the piston moving up n then down and its a weird noise like metal on metal sorta noiseand its sounding like it wants to go but just wont ! just wondering if it could be the bore kit?

and a few weeks ago lost 3rd gear and its spins like its in nutral and grinds?

cheers

sounds to me like you have done ur 3rd gear for sure.
does the bike turn over when u kick it.
if it does then im pretty sure that means its not siezed.
It very well may have something to do with ur piston. or you could of bend a valve?

yeah it kicks ova fine but yeah it just sounds really funny metal on metal sound! and i pulled the front piece off n i can see both valves opening and closing when kicking it ova! and what can i do about 3rd gear do u no?

ah you can replace the gear box. u would be running either a lifan 125 or 140 yeah? should get a gear box for 70 bucks or so. it wont be easy to fit as im pretty sure you have to split the cases. or i would just replace it with a new motor. eg lifan 140- $350 start over fresh motor very solid.

ah not sure to be honest. send a pm to pitbikekid
he has had a bent valve before.
tell him bout ur problem and that i sent u.

metal on metal doesnt sound good...

best bet...new engine :) doesnt matter what you get, they all share the same bolt pattern.... from 90 up to 160...

but pays to read through the reviews before buying certain engines...the 155 is supposed to be the stuff;)

sounds like fackkked kickstart gears. if they are rooted it will either seaze when u kick it, or just spin freely.

check ur oil, is it chunky with metal or shiny with shavings?

mine was full of chunky sharp shavings after my yx stalled (cam sproket necked itself), and i went to kick start it and it then sh1t the kickstart lever. joy joy.

youll have to split it to see if you can salvage anything. could be just kickstart gears though. !

Latest posts

Back