My carbie filled up with petrol :mad:

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennaz

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the problem with my carbie is. On the weekend whilst riding my carbie filled up ith petrol so badly it was pissing out of the seems. the big hose thats connected to the carbie was pretty full too. Does anyone know anything about this? I have talen the hose of and at the bpttom of the carbie it has two little gold pipes. real small. One of them seems to be leaking a bit.

Your float is stuck open and fuel is not being shut off when full.

Remove your float bowl and clean/replace the valve.

Your float is stuck open and fuel is not being shut off when full.

Remove your float bowl and clean/replace the valve.

Is the float the thingy that opens and closes with the choke lever? If so thats working ok, if not how to i remove the float bowl and what is it? Sorry if it sounds stupid but im new to bikes....and i may be a little stupid...

here is a pic i did to try to help

if the fuel is leaking from where i marked ''is fuel leaking from here''
tighten up the bleed screw
ive also shown what the float/carby bowl is an shown the screws that you need to undo to take the bowl off there is two more on the other side

when the bowl if off you will see two copper coloured things they are the jets an the big thing with the two black plastic round round things is the float
30carby.jpg

pwwooooor pictures and all nice work Divy :p

here is a pic i did to try to help

if the fuel is leaking from where i marked ''is fuel leaking from here''
tighten up the bleed screw
ive also shown what the float/carby bowl is an shown the screws that you need to undo to take the bowl off there is two more on the other side

when the bowl if off you will see two copper coloured things they are the jets an the big thing with the two black plastic round round things is the float

Thanks for the picture dude. The fuel is actually leaking out the other side of the carbie tho. Its at the rear of the bike. It has a hose about 50 mil round and about 300 mil in length and thats connected to a little breather box (i think its a breather box) at the rear of the bike. fuel floods the shit out of the pipe and whn im riding it the whole carbie floods. It almost seem like too much fuel was running into it. If that help anymore.

If the float is stuck, before pulling your carby apart you could try tapping the bowl with a shifter or something like that. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

Read and learn, then pull yours apart and clean it, paying special attention to the float valve, it won't be exactly the same as the diagram in this link, but similar, so look where things came from, take your time and take pics with your digi camera if you have to so you know where to put stuff back. ;)

4Strokes.com - Tech: Carburetor Overview

Yeah, don't pull it apart and fix it ... hit it with a tool instead.

Yeah, don't pull it apart and fix it ... hit it with a tool instead.
I didn't say hit I said tap and you would be surprised how often it works. Always used to happen to my rm and my mates cr when putting the carby back together...

i have tightend the bleed screw and it still keeps running out of the small back hose. The small black hose was actually wedges and blocked so thats why thecarbie flooded. Now it runs out of the small black hose. Any ideas?

Last edited:
OMG, its been said like 5 times whats wrong, if you cant figure it out take it too a god damn bike shop, Im sure you would have been able to find your answer to your problem if you looked around first

OMG, its been said like 5 times whats wrong, if you cant figure it out take it too a god damn bike shop, Im sure you would have been able to find your answer to your problem if you looked around first

yo yo yippy yo your my hero. I wish i could be as bad ass as you.

every time i lean the bike side way it will leak. so this must mean it the float rght?

yo yo yippy yo your my hero. I wish i could be as bad ass as you.

every time i lean the bike side way it will leak. so this must mean it the float rght?

I believe you have been told numerous times that it is the float. take the 4 screws out, separate the bowl off the carby, take the float out, you will see how to do this when you look at it, there is a little valve or needle as it is also called attached to the float, remove this and try not to loose it. clean it thoroughly and reinstall all components. Problem solved.
You have now been told again how to fix the problem, if you don't take the advice you asked for, put up with it.
I have seen this a hundred times before, you can loose a tank of fuel in no time at all due to a grain of sand.

I believe you have been told numerous times that it is the float. take the 4 screws out, separate the bowl off the carby, take the float out, you will see how to do this when you look at it, there is a little valve or needle as it is also called attached to the float, remove this and try not to loose it. clean it thoroughly and reinstall all components. Problem solved.
You have now been told again how to fix the problem, if you don't take the advice you asked for, put up with it.
I have seen this a hundred times before, you can loose a tank of fuel in no time at all due to a grain of sand.

roger that.

Last edited:
ok then, One last thing. is the float meant to move up and down or is it meant to be stiff? Like in the one position?

Its meant to float on the fuel so it should move up and down this is how it regulates the flow of fuel into the carby.

Latest posts

Back