my dirt bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1_rider

Reaction score
hi all,

i've just got a new dirt bike, 110cc, $530 pickup, sounded a pretty good deal and looks pretty aswome too but haven't even finished assembling it yet. the front wheel needs to be installed still but the front hydraulic disc brake seems to be frozen shut and wont fit the disc in even when i try and lever it open. thats real quality for ya lol. if you've got any tips let me know. thanks

matt

You pulled the hydro lever before you put anything in between the pads didnt you? Thats not a good idea. You'l need to rebleed it probably.

just did it once at the place to make sure it worked lol

bummer, anyway to easily fix it?

this thing is just full of suprises, today i tried to start it but the neutral gear does not seem to exist anymore. it was there the first time but now it's gone!!!! wtf!!!!!! i know coz when i try to start it the back wheel spins and it wont shift any lower, help anyone? please? btw it's a manual clutch

Yeah, the fluid doesn't seem to return when no brake pressure is applied. I don't know how to fix that problem, or if it is just the way it is.
Here's how to open up the pads:

1) Loosen off the bleed screw (hollow bolt with a nipple) on the calliper.
2) Carefully prize the pads open. Try not to damage them. A bit of fluid will leak out of the bleed screw.
3) With pressure still on the pads, tighten the bleed screw back up. (Not too tight! They can break)
4) Fit wheel in place
5) Pump brake to bring caliper out. The reservoir should be big enough, but just check it doesn't empty out.
6) If all is OK - start it up, jump on and go hard.

Hope that helps

i dont know, i dont think so though coz it doesn't work in either lowest or second lowest gear, the back wheel still spins

if its manual what u should do is if its in gear on the spot without using the clutch roll it back and fourth, if it dosnt roll change gear and do the same thing, then try the next gear and so on but when u go to change the gear mack sure ur rolling it slightly u might need to use the clutch but i get away with just light shifting

give it a go

can you pm me some pics?

hi all,

i've just got a new dirt bike, 110cc, $530 pickup, sounded a pretty good deal and looks pretty aswome too but haven't even finished assembling it yet. the front wheel needs to be installed still but the front hydraulic disc brake seems to be frozen shut and wont fit the disc in even when i try and lever it open. thats real quality for ya lol. if you've got any tips let me know. thanks
remove the lid than grab a g clamp push the pads to push the piston back into place this will open the gap between the pads slide the wheel into place bolt it back together replace the lid test your brakes no need to bleed it :wink:

ok, i finally got into neutral after about an hour.

but suprise suprise it still doesn't start. the electric start is dead and the kick start is extremely stiff and the engine never gives any sign of starting. and also the front brake is frozen onto the front wheel disc and the wheel is very hard to spin

but i guess that's ebay for ya :lol:

anyone got any tips for startin this puppy?

- by the way i managed to get the wheel on :D but now the brake is so tight the wheel barely spins :x and adjusting the fluid amount wont loosin it off - it's hitting on the wrong side of the clamp for that :x

and crazy#1, i'll post pics when i've got it working :wink:

mate you have the front wheel spacers on the wrong sides also pull off the left hand motor cover covering the flywheel u might have a loose starter motor chain guide jamming the starter chain fix both of these problems and u wil be on your way

i dont think that is the problem. the wheel spacers were both the same size. and i think the motor is just a little stiff.

look, i'll just take it back to the shop and get the maggets to fix it, it's shocking quality for a bike that's only 1 day old. still looks good though :D

one of our mini dirt bikes had the same problem hard to kick and when using electric start it would only tick so i pulled it down to find 1 of 3 starter motor chain guides stuck behind the flywheel (magneto) these little plastic guides only sit into place no glue no clips nothing to hold them in the other 2 were half way out this problem will happen to all the chinese mini dirt bikes with electric start its just a matter of time as for your front wheel did u take both spacers off and line them up together? the manufacturer might have given u two of one side.... the spacers should be two different sizes if u have the wheel still on the bike take a close look at the disk and tell us if it is in the center of the caliper

Latest posts

Back