My engine is loose and I dont know how...Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisGuy

Reaction score
I noticed that when I would rev my bike it would make a rattling sound. I looked closer and saw that the engine moves when I rev. The bolts in the back of the engine seem loose but they are really tight. The I noticed that the spot where the screw goes in is not securing the screw. Why did this happen? Is it ok to ride? All of the other bolts are on and ok. Can I continue to ride without worrying about the engine falling off?

some engines have a larger hole through the motor, and use bushes to make it smaller and locate the bolt.
this gives it a bit of vibration isolation, so it doesn't vibrate the frame as much.
but sometimes these bushes can wear or perish and make the motor move about.

your are best off removing the bolt and check it all out.
if it has worn bushes it may allow the motor to move a lot and crack the mounting points in the frame.

sometimes you can remove the bolt and the bush, and replace it with a new, thicker bolt, but you may need to redrill the outer holes in the frame to the larger size too.

some engines have a larger hole through the motor, and use bushes to make it smaller and locate the bolt.
this gives it a bit of vibration isolation, so it doesn't vibrate the frame as much.
but sometimes these bushes can wear or perish and make the motor move about.

your are best off removing the bolt and check it all out.
if it has worn bushes it may allow the motor to move a lot and crack the mounting points in the frame.

sometimes you can remove the bolt and the bush, and replace it with a new, thicker bolt, but you may need to redrill the outer holes in the frame to the larger size too.

The problem I have with that solution is the fact that the spring that connects the rear break pedal is a pain in the ass to move. Can't I leave it? Its doesn't seem that bad.

Is the bolt tightening up against the frame? If not then try spacing it with washers, its dodge but will work. If not then its a matter of get off your bum and removing the bolt and sus it all out. I also need to do this as my engine seems to viabrate and is getting progressivly worse.

Latest posts

Back