my first bike, at 25

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leighaus

Reaction score
hey guys.. thought id throw up my bike...

so i just got this baby running today, a kinked fuel line had me stumped for a bit...

paid a good price (i do well on purchases for some reason) for a brand new '10 TDR. 125cc 4 stroke manual 4 spd.

runs really well. just been running it in all morning. loving riding it. its my first bike of any sort, never even ridden for more than 5 minutes in the past.

anyways, heres a couple pics.. ill post any mods i do, only minor though...

ive already gotten rid of the front section of the plastics, left the sticker kit off, and the race plate off.

i must say im pretty impressed for a china bike.

index.php

index.php

kool, but what happened to the side shrouds?

workingi n half dark. stood up quick, hit the handle bars, bike was still not full assembled, started to fall over, and the faring was the first thing i hit/grabbed... so i trimmed the other side to make em even.. haha. dont mind it actually. i might neaten them up a little with a file.

got it on ebay actually.. got a 1pm finishing bid, so luckily not many people watching it, hence the low price. just been out on it again to show the missus. she likes it... already dumped the oil twice.. starts REALLY easy, first kick every time. love it.

time for new pics... haha.. :) have done a few mods since and a big day of riding today...

nahh, i dont care bout the plastics really.. im gonna spray these up n leave em.. i end up covered in mud anyways :p

so long as she starts easy and revs out im happy. time for the spray cans n loktite first.

gday mate, to be honest i would stay away from painting plastics, they come up pretty dodgy and they turn out even dodgier in the long term

nahh, i dont care bout the plastics really.. im gonna spray these up n leave em.. i end up covered in mud anyways :p

so long as she starts easy and revs out im happy. time for the spray cans n loktite first.

Noooo Dont spray the plastics i have sprayed plastics which the previous onwner sprayed, and every time i use my presure washer to clean my bike it comes off and looks so sh*t.

If you want different color plastics spend a little bit of money to buy the color you want, dont spray them. You'll spend more money on paint than the cost of new plastics, because you will be touching them up with paint all the time.

exactly what the above 2 guys said...new plastics are like $30 plus post and come in most colours.

Buying new plastics is the go.

Also another plus for buying plastics apposed to painting is that, when and if you go to sell it there more chance of someone that would want to buy it, because the bike looks visually better. :)

was only going to paint them because i have some paint in made pressure packs that WAS for my now written off car.. so its sitting there doing nothing... like $150 bucks of paint thats basically useless now..

Latest posts

Back