My first Pit Bike, A few Questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DvDRip

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a PitPro 125rr on monday and just wondering what else I should buy to go with it.
Keep in mind I have a really tight budget so I only want the stuff I really need, I'll look at better shocks/handlebars/tires etc later

I'm already gonna get some lock tight for sure.

I know I'll need new tire tube's so where's the best place to buy some good quality low budget tubes? I'm looking to buy the bike from pitpro.com.au are their spare tubes tubes crap?

The bike comes with a spare brake/clutch lever so I'm gonna wait till they break before I start looking at some better quality one's. Suggestions are welcome anyway.

What type of oil should I get?
Do I need a better air filter? If so which one? It comes with a spare but idk if it's crap?
Anything else I need to get?

Does anyone know a cheaper place to buy the rr? I'm looking at pitpro.com.au because they're just a 10min drive away. I've looked on ebay and they have no rr's and I don't wanna wait for one to show up.

I'm a motorbike n00b so any other info I need to get started would be great, I've already started reading through the tutorials section about maintenace etc.

cheers guys :D

probably get a unifilter, pro taper handle bars ad change the oil in your forks to some heavier oil and maybe add some spacers if the springs are too soft.

I don't know where to buy quality parts at a decent price yet

is this a decent unifilter, right size and is the price right or could I go cheaper? UNI 44mm

Last edited:
oil- got quitly 10/40w four stroke motorbike oil. tubes arent the problem. the problem is they dont put rim locks in. thats the first thing you really should do otherwise it dont matter how good the tube is.

yeah should only need rear. um theyd be alright. if you go directly to seller you could probs ask them to put one in if they can. you wont get em any cheaper than directly to seller because on ebay they always put em on there buy it now. for 750 but then you have to pay for postage seeings your buying it off ebay.

by direct to seller you mean pitpro.com.au right?edit:duh! obviously :p
I couldn't see rimlocks anywhere on their site, I'll ask em anyway

and tube wise, with a rimlock do you think the stock tube will still pop easily? I'm just going by what I've read in the reviews section. I'm definatly gonna get a rimlock now that I know about them but I still wanna know which tube will be best, I'll probably just put a heavy duty tube on the rear cuz I'm a tightarse

Last edited:
what yah do is, get a long strip of bendy flexable plastic and put that in your tyre. Helps prevent puntuchers!

If I were you, I would upgarde all the crappy bolts and nuts. But I reckon the first thing you should upgrade should be your suspisoon and handling!

I'm aware of the crappy suspension but I'm gonna replace that later when I have the $$, I'm not planning on doing much jumping atm but when the time comes and I have like $180 I'm gonna put in a Fast Ace.

What do you mean by handling? Bars & Tires? I'm also leaving that to a later date.

For now I just want the bike to run and not pop tires, suck in dust, fall apart & die. If I'm impressed with it after that I'm gonna pimp it out and spend some $$.

see this so called "genuine" unifilter at pitpro, it looks so crap compared to the one on dhz, does anyone know the difference between the two? would I be better off paying more for the dhz one? or will the pitpro one be just as good?

cheers for bearing with me guys, I know I'm asking some pretty n00by shit, I just like to make sure I'm buying the right stuff before it's too late

Last edited:
Hi I have a pp 125rr and these are your cheap mods that are pretty important:
38mm unifilter and filter oil
Medium strenght locktite on everything
NGK cr7hsa or c7hsa spark plug(doesnt matter which one)
flush brakes with better quality dot 4 brake fluid
Change oil straight away, I use castrol 4t non synthetic from supercheap
new grips but if you plan on new bars probably fit it both together later on
check all lecky connections are snug fit
in line fuel filter from bike shop for around 6 or 8 bucks

Thats probably the easy and cheap mods covered next are bars, shock( I got a fastace bs66ar and its an incredible improvement to handling) Better tyres for grip and puncture resistance, back rimlock
P.s. They two unifilters mentioned are the same but the dhz one has a sticker resting over the foam thats all but you need 38mm cause I just went and measured mine for you

There are then performancemods but you can find them in search theres a million posts about performance mods

Last edited:
thanks man all those cheap mods are reasonable and will do them if I get the rr.

I went down to motorbike city today to get the 125rr but don't have any stock till feb.
Maybe I'll get the 140xr instead, for $450 bucks more it seems to be a helluva lot higher quality and would save me from having to buy tires, suspension, footpegs and a bunch of other shit.

yea the only problem now is $$, and I just found out this arvo my ute needs new rear tires :eek: there'll be no pitty for me until that's all sorted :mad:

Dude just save your money until you can afford a nice decent bike that you dont have worry about braking and fixing and all the other crap.. JUST SAVE! And mabe get a second hand yammy or somthing get quality. So no worrys and just enjoy riding.

Latest posts

Back