my girlfriend wants to race

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitsterprobrendan

Reaction score
hey everyone my missus (defacto) wants to race next year but i really dont think she is ready for it i would love to go to a race meeting and both of us race ,but she hasnt gottn out of second gear yet and its a semi auto and iv been telling her she is going really well which she is and im very proud of her but some of the girls that are racing are guns and i dont want her to get disapointed

i havnt gottn the chance to talk to any of the girls at the track but would you help her out if she did come to a race meeting ,im nervous for her, just writing this is making me nervous probly wouldnt even beable to race but are you girls nice i really dont want her to lose interest because she thinks shes ****

i really think i just need some advice please :) what do i do or say??

just get her out as much as you can, and probably shift up lol

Good idea to get her out to some races for a look, and if you can talk to some of the girls.

Buy the sounds of it she needs a bit more practice, Being honest and telling her that may save her from being hurt.

ha ha yeh i know we go riding everyweek end i bought her a bike about 6 months ago and probly only missed out 4 weeks of riding since i tell her to go faster , she has conering down pat sort of she is scared of the burms but she uses her brakes into corners which i spent a whole day on with her i didnt even ride that day it was diffently worth it maybe just a few more days with just her riding would be good BUT she doesnt like riding when im not on the track with her so racing is going to be harder with that in other words i need to push her but how much is to much??

i think i need to go for a ride day where there will be some other girls she can ride with that might just be enough to push her that little bit or to tell her that maybe another year of practise would be good

Just get her out there. I was freaking out about racing myself and then I did it and bet my boyfriend wuhaha! Girls racing together is heaps more fun then with the guys. I can't wait for a girls class next year!! I'm gonna whoop some butt! Lol.

Just get her out there. I was freaking out about racing myself and then I did it and bet my boyfriend wuhaha! Girls racing together is heaps more fun then with the guys. I can't wait for a girls class next year!! I'm gonna whoop some butt! Lol.

see well you have skill by the sounds of it ,im gonna just take her back out appin next year everyweek end and get down to some good training and see what comes of it
i really would like her to come but i just dont think she is up to it just yet

thanks for you opinions every body does help talking to other riders bout it

see well you have skill by the sounds of it ,im gonna just take her back out appin next year everyweek end and get down to some good training and see what comes of it
i really would like her to come but i just dont think she is up to it just yet

thanks for you opinions every body does help talking to other riders bout it

Ha ha nar I don't have skill man.. I just have a positive attitude and the will to do anything people say I can't. I was alright with the gears when I raced, but I also found I became a much better rider chasing everyone else around. If you keep her riding on her own she will never get any better! Give her a shot... you never know if you never try!

Oh and one of my mates who sucks balls at riding wants to race with me next year on a tdr 125 ... im all keen for her! Brings more chicks in to racing! Plus I say good on her for having the balls most men dont ha ha.

i completly agree with everything you just said but she doesnt like riding on the track when different people are on it but she wants to race? she been heaps competitive with everything so im doing all the rounds next year and she wants to come to everyone so maybe she can do the last few rounds after getting to know more in whats going on and meet the girls and maybe try to meet up with some of them at a ride day before she gets her self into racing sound good you rekon

yeah where are you racing, like what races are you planning on putting her in and what class?

well if al goesto plan in the high roller round hopefully the womens and over thirty fives or just get her on a stocker

The coaching is great and keep it up it will improve her, But even coaching with you on a bike as well would help her improve. Well it does for me I improve the most when I am chasing something and really want to keep up. I figure out better lines, and better ways of doing things. So i recon get both of you on a bike and even slow it down a bit and show her what things she can work on by physically doing it in front of her then she knows what it is really meant to look like. Not sure if it would work but it worked for me a fair bit. Also take her into some really tricky stuff that will boost her confidence. Take her into some hard trail riding with some good hard sections and once she can do that she will feel that its not as scary doing track.

Just what worked for me.

yeh i always felt like i went quicker o the track after a quick loop in the bush iv been teaching her bum positioning and what not so i think your right i might be going down canberra and up north for a fair bit of riding next year get some practise on different tracks and get her more pumped into whats out there and how much fun it is just riding in different spots

Latest posts

Back