My hj holden ute and a few other things ive built

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macca97

Reaction score
the hj is 2 utes put together to make on specs
1975/76 hj holden ute
202 6 cylinder 3 speed manual
ive got heaps of parts and enough engine stuff to build a fairly hot motor

a few pics

thats roughly where im upto now

heres a few other things ive made
motorized park bench

trike mower

it keeps me busy

abit of a low down on myself
my names Danny im 16 live in NSW im in yr 11 i go to tafe ever friday for automotive, my old man has been a mechanic for abit over 30yrs and ive been helping him since i could walk, im fairly brainy on old holdens and how to get the most out of the old 6's and v8's

cheers will keep updated on the utes progress

is she a belmont? i have a belmont 75 hj ute, but mine has a 173 in it

yer im fairly big in the hotrodding sence so i used it for the shows until i sold it a few months back, only had it about a week from the night a finished it to the day i sold it

Looking good :) . Love the classic kingswood utes they Tuff as!! :)

is she a belmont? i have a belmont 75 hj ute, but mine has a 173 in it

yer shes a belmont, the come standard with the 173 and 202's,

mine has practically no rust on 1 little hole in the floor,

yer shes a belmont, the come standard with the 173 and 202's,

mine has practically no rust on 1 little hole in the floor,
mines got not much rust, a little around the rear mud gaurds and surface rust everywhere else...
how many k's is on yours? mine has done 800,000 and when i rebuild this bottom end i should see her through to 1million k's mines only had one rebuild so i may do it myself with some arp racing rods and after i get off my p's bore her out to a 202 sized piston to lower the compression then supercharge it

mines probably only done 120000, you can only bore the 173 out 60thou and that would up the compression, try and find a good 186 or 202, or if your lucky a 173 blue motor, put dished pistons in it with big compustion chambers and put an m90 or 4-71 blower, and a cam with a good amount of duration and you should have a nice blown 6.

im just gonna have a decent cam 2 1/4 exhaust

i have a 202 at my disposal right now (got it for free) just the problem is its from a vk car and i dont think vicroads would like me putting it in

mines probably only done 120000, you can only bore the 173 out 60thou and that would up the compression, try and find a good 186 or 202, or if your lucky a 173 blue motor, put dished pistons in it with big compustion chambers and put an m90 or 4-71 blower, and a cam with a good amount of duration and you should have a nice blown 6.

im just gonna have a decent cam 2 1/4 exhaust

i have always thought 60 thou is a bit much for any engine to take after a long period of time. your can get hotspots in your bore + warp it. i reckon 40 thou is the max. my old mans building a 308 stroked out to a 355 with procomp alloy heads (damn thos things have big valves, bigger than L34s!) accel elec ignition, 21/2" twin glasspacks. its only been taken out 40 thou, and even he thinks thats a bit much. just my 2 cents tho, based on my limitted experience ;)

I will agree with you there blender, when i rebuild a motor for mine ill only hopfully go 30thou,
personally im a 253 fan :)

zwebx, you should be right putting the vk donk in, paint it red and they wont really no the difference, (what they dont no wont hurt them)

yeah, the 253 hav some nice low down torque, that you dont feel as much in a 308/5 litre. but out of the 2 i would go 308, because you start off with something quuite quick to begin with, and with performance uptgrades putting strain on your bottom end, the 308 would probs last longer. and nice job mate, just remember all the times you DIDNT see a nice holden on the road, when your sitting in your beast :)

How did I not see this thread earlier, that park bench is sick as mate. I've got an 88 engine sitting at my work shop that I want to make a motorized esky/seat with it. Nice work mate keep it up.

well i havent been on for awhile now, well the ute is almost done, just under a month and i go for my p's, and i need a windscreen seat carpet and rego, drives well, got a 4 speed in it, painted it cyan met blue.

will get some pics up soon cheers

Latest posts

Back