My Mistake

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyld Fisher

Reaction score
I have recently taken off the electric off my PitPro 110. I had to see if it worked which it did work. I gave the bike a few little revs and when I reved the bike the accelerator cable broke. So I replaced it with a spare one. To do that I had to take the old accelerator cable off the top of the Mikuni carburetor. When I took it off this little jet needle went fly out. Its item No.2. I put it all back together with a new cable and when I tryed starting the bike it wouldn't start. so i took the top of the carbie off and the jet needle wasn't there. Could it of got sucked into the head of the motor?

Also my carbi does not look like this one.
exptmxee5.gif

You lost the WHOLE needle?

You sure you put it back it ?

Theres not many places it could go. I doubt it would of made it into the engine.

Did you put the clips on the needle ?

Did it look like this one :- Part #9

The needle can only go down so far into the top tube of the carb. it cant go up because the throttle cable is there.

carb.jpg

Last edited:
I either lost it or I put it upside down. I'm very stressed and its my first bike and I'm learning all this stuff.

i doubt it would have got in the head, if its anywhere take the bowl off the carby or something or see if it is in the carby i reckon you have dropped it somewhere.

So there is no way known it would of got into the head of the motor even if I put it in wrong?

No way it would have been sucked into the engine.

Pull the carby apart again. You'll find it in there somewhere.

uh ohhhhhhhh. that would be hard to find but i doubt it would of gone into the engine. check the carby again.

m0p

So there is no way known that it would of got sucked into the head of the engine? Even if I put it up side down?

Considering the structures and design of the carby, it's very unlikely the needle will get sucked into the engine. Furthermore, you never even managed to get the engine started, right? ;)

Latest posts

Back