My New PitPro XR 140cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yeh they seem wicked at the moment.
Since its my first time riding etc. what makes good gloves?
Just the quality they are and how much they will resist to wear and tear.

Cheers, Mitch.

Good Gloves to me are, Gloves that are nice and thin. Good fit, and dont bunch up in your palm.

If your gloves are thick and bunch up then the blisters will come. Ive ran Fox Pawtectors/solo's all the top line gloves and most of them are good. Fox have got a good fitting glove. Which in the end is the most important thing.

Wear and tear isnt much of an issue i dont reckon....Most gloves throughout a range hold up the same.

You may want to get a Set of good goggles aswell man...Nothing worse than copping a chunk of dirt in the eye, or a BUG! haha. A good set of Goggles to get are the New VON ZIPPER MX goggles. Ive got a few sets here and they are sick...Great fit/quality and looks. Ive ran Scott's my whole life, and these are just as good. And they retail for like $60-70 which is a good deal.

nah mate, the "roost" is the dirt/dust/mud ect that flys behind you/your back wheel, look at the 2 pic at the back and you'll see the dirt fly behind you thats a roost.

yeah definently got googles, i copped a bug once (i was on a road bike going 200+ kmh) and it hurt/stung a bit but getting dust in your eyes when riding is the worst because you can't see where your going:eek:

nice 1 champ great to see a boy having fun

got a cam ? do us up a vid

Good Gloves to me are, Gloves that are nice and thin. Good fit, and dont bunch up in your palm.

If your gloves are thick and bunch up then the blisters will come. Ive ran Fox Pawtectors/solo's all the top line gloves and most of them are good. Fox have got a good fitting glove. Which in the end is the most important thing.

Wear and tear isnt much of an issue i dont reckon....Most gloves throughout a range hold up the same.

You may want to get a Set of good goggles aswell man...Nothing worse than copping a chunk of dirt in the eye, or a BUG! haha. A good set of Goggles to get are the New VON ZIPPER MX goggles. Ive got a few sets here and they are sick...Great fit/quality and looks. Ive ran Scott's my whole life, and these are just as good. And they retail for like $60-70 which is a good deal.

Yeh I tried to convince my dad to let me get some goggles but he wouldnt budge.
He said there shouldnt be any sticks, dirt etc flying into your face if your not riding behind anyone.
But my neighbour is coming over next weekend and we are going for a ride so im really keen on getting some.
Also bugs have flown into my eyes already. Haha.
I saw some cheapos for $30 at this store in Adelaide.
Welcome to East 50s
Could you suggest some places that would have some of those VON ZIPPER MX Goggles in Adelaide.
Do you think Honda, Kawasaki etc would stock them?

Cheers, Mitch.

nah mate, the "roost" is the dirt/dust/mud ect that flys behind you/your back wheel, look at the 2 pic at the back and you'll see the dirt fly behind you thats a roost.

yeah definently got googles, i copped a bug once (i was on a road bike going 200+ kmh) and it hurt/stung a bit but getting dust in your eyes when riding is the worst because you can't see where your going:eek:

Yeh sorry mate.
I swear I heard somewhere that the roost was the bank around a corner.
What is that called anyway.
Yeh it was pretty muddy that day.
Went out for a ride today and attempted to do a burnout.
Started bouncing around and dug a hole into the ground. Haha

Cheers, Mitch.

nice 1 champ great to see a boy having fun

got a cam ? do us up a vid

Yeh, funny you should say that.
My sisters boyfriend came up today and took one or two short videos.
He videod me reving it up, dropping the clutch and making my wheel spin round and round and making a mess. Hehe
I will try maybe next weekend to get one up :cool:

Cheers, Mitch.

very nice helmet and nice bike im also in sa

Thanks mate.
Do you live in Adelaide Hills?
Do you know any tracks in Adelaide Hills or nearish that would have a good pitbike track for beginners.
I dont want to rock up to a track and have all these maniacs doing mad tricks and stuff.
Puts me off riding cause I look like a noob.

Cheers, Mitch.

I guess you dad's never ridden a bike before? What happens when your flying along at 80k's and you get shit in your eye and go head first into a tree? time to buy new goggles or new skull?

:p skulls, who needs em? get a bargain on ebay, im sure:) comes with free fitting and a 14 day money back guarantee:) postage at buyers expense.....

wheres that link? dammit!

Yeah i agree with dvdrip.

Not sure if VonZipper will have any dealers in Adelaide yet....My local Yamaha Dealer does VonZipper though. So possibly one of your local Dealers could have them.

Roll your bars back a bit aswell....It will make the bike so much easier to ride. Running your bars so far forward makes the bike feel twitchy and harder to control. Bike setup is a big factor in riding, it can change so much with just a few adjusments.

I guess you dad's never ridden a bike before? What happens when your flying along at 80k's and you get shit in your eye and go head first into a tree? time to buy new goggles or new skull?

Well Dad used to ride a 185 Honda until somebody hit him and he thought to himself that it wasnt really worth it.
Anyway he probably didnt think of the bugs and stuff because I didnt really get it into his head that I will be riding behind people and will get stuff flying up.
I asked him again tonight and he said I can use his old skii goggles. I dont reckon they will be suitable so I will just say to him they are crap and want to pay for some proper goggles myself.
And yeh, I dont think a new skull would be very cheap.

Cheers, Mitch.

Yeah i agree with dvdrip.

Not sure if VonZipper will have any dealers in Adelaide yet....My local Yamaha Dealer does VonZipper though. So possibly one of your local Dealers could have them.

Roll your bars back a bit aswell....It will make the bike so much easier to ride. Running your bars so far forward makes the bike feel twitchy and harder to control. Bike setup is a big factor in riding, it can change so much with just a few adjusments.

Yeh im not too keen on making adjustments to my bike just yet but thanks for your comment anyway.
I've had a look at this website in town and found some Dragon goggle for $50.
Can you have a look at them or even around the site for some real good goggles at a reasonable price.
By the way these goggles were under the mountain bike spares link, but I think they are for MX because it also has those Dragon Rock Star goggles which I know are for MX.
Heres the link.
Down Hill MTB Spares

Cheers, Mitch.

Hey Mitch.
How old are you,,& what do you weigh cause im only 13 n about 40kg (im a skinny lil runt haha)..cause im thinking about getting 1 of these bikes myself,,so how is the suspention front & rear on these bikes?? stiff & hard? good 2 see ya having a good time mate.

Thanks, Corey.

looks good, im lookin to get pitpro 125rr , accessories from prob east 50s i guess :)

Yeh the 125RR is a great bike.
I was originally gonna get that until Dad said he was willing to pay the extra for the XR 140.
I would consider the PitPro 140cc not the XR cause the XR is much more expensive than the 125RR.
Yeh, East 50's is a great shop. I got my helmet, gloves oil, and lots of other stuff.

Cheers, Mitch.

Hey Mitch.
How old are you,,& what do you weigh cause im only 13 n about 40kg (im a skinny lil runt haha)..cause im thinking about getting 1 of these bikes myself,,so how is the suspention front & rear on these bikes?? stiff & hard? good 2 see ya having a good time mate.

Thanks, Corey.

Hey Corey,
Yeh you are almost identicle to me. Im 14 turning 15 this year and I weigh about 45kg. (skinny lil runt) lol.
Yeh the suspension is fantastic. Very stiff.
My Dad has been riding it round and hes 50 and would weigh about 80 and he hasnt broken anything.
Also the great thing about this bike are the tires. Very good compared to the 125RR tires. Also it has an oil cooler whereas the 125's dont.
Hope you get the bike, keep me posted.

Cheers, Mitch.

I dont reckon they will be suitable so I will just say to him they are crap and want to pay for some proper goggles myself.

Cheers, Mitch.

well some ones a little rotten brat, mate grow up your get what your given, you should be thankful that you got a brand new bike, helmet and gloves, i've never owned a brand new bike so tuffin up.

i sergest you get googles but they don't have to be top of the line, mine arn't im not complaning.

Latest posts

Back