My new PS3

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klx140kid

Reaction score
Ok I just got a new ps3 and I want to connect it to the internet. But i've got a vodafone prepaid stick. And i'm just wondering if the will work.

Thanks. I need internet to play black ops online! lol

NO i think you will need and land line net.. like dail up or some shat.

A land line WTF The hole point of getting the ps3 was that I could play black ops online. :mad::mad:

I'm not getting angry at anyone I'm getting angry at myself I should have looked into it more.

im not 100% sure but it would probley work out more bang for you buck if you het a land line

Hey, Do you have a laptop? If u do, maybe plug in the wireless usb thing into it, and plug ur ps3 into ur laptop with an ethernet cable ..... Might work im not 100% but.

LOL. Seriously people if you don't have a clue then don't post. You don't have to post in every thread.

You cannot used prepaid dongles directly into an Xbox or PS3 (well not that I'm aware of and I have tried a few dongles a few different ways).

The easiest thing to do is by a Router which supports dongles being attached for internet. I have a netgear one I use at home for this exact purpose. Works a treat.

You can use a laptop and connect the dongle through that and set you gateway on the PS3 as the IP of the laptop. The IP of your PS3 will need to be in the same subnet as the laptop IP.

Thats ok......... If u wanna play ur ps3 through ur PC. It will still work the same, just plug the ethernet cord through the back of the the computer instead.

yeah mate, you need high speed broadband i.e adsl. if you dont you will lag and it will not be fun for you i can assure you . best bet is to get a internet line into the house then have a wireless router ( modem ) so you won't have a cord running to your ps3.

But I can't get a modem I only have a pre paid stick.

This is bull**** they should let pre piad sticks works.

mate the stick will not work, get your parents to get a package from a provider and u get a modem then your cooking mate, until then no black ops online, btw its awesome online hehe

All I need is something that will give me internet to my ps3. All I need is easy set up and try and keep it cheap.

A very easy set up. If possible

Depends on the dongle and coverage. I have a dongle which is as fast as most wired internet. I play all games with it and no lag at all.

Depends on the dongle and coverage. I have a dongle which is as fast as most wired internet. I play all games with it and no lag at all.

Yeah, so do i. its a telstra one, gets access anywhere, gets 800kb's but its only 2g. Thats like a whole PS3 update.

Latest posts

Back