My rant. Is it just me?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perthrider

Reaction score
I dont really know why im posting this, i mean no offense to anyone, just feel like a rant to get this off my back. Im sick of SMUG (Yes smug, not everybody) 'big bike' and jap bike riders who are always hating on the mini scene, especially in Perth (not sure how it is over east).
First of all, whenever im just having some fun riding around my local area, cruising around the trails and keeping to myself on my dhz, whenever i pass someone hanging around their honda 250x or whatever, they always give me that irritating smug look as their bike is 'far superior'. Sure, they probably are, but shouldnt the person be judged by how well they ride, not what they ride anyway? Im officially sick of it. I know this doesn't apply to every single person who has the pleasure of owning a big brand bike, but im begining to find out its more common in people than i thought. My point is, not every person has the luxury of being able to spend 5 to 10 grand on a bike! If you do, good for you, i have nothing against that, but some people, like myself, as much as i would like to be able to own a yamaha or whatever your preference is, simply want to just have fun! Which is what its all about, right? It shouldn't matter what you ride, as long as you enjoy it thats what should count.
The second thing is the steryotype all china bikes are big piles of cheap sh%$. I came accross a comment on another forum of some guy saying, "They are dangerous piles of sh$%. My mates bro bought one off ebay and I rode it once. Never again. The geometry is all wrong making them steer wrong, the suspension is a joke and the brakes are woefull, almost as woeful as the handling during braking" Well if your mates 'bro' did his research first before hunking out some cash on a egay bike and looked at a respectable brand such as Pitster pro, DHZ, braaap ect.. maybe you wouldn't be saying that. And then maybe, just maybe, would these people start to realize maybe not all china bikes are hunks of crap, and its just those who throw their money at the first thing they see that makes up the bad reputation.

There, all done. Hope i didnt rustle anyones potatoes, cant really think what i wrote about properly right now as its about 1 in the morning. Not even sure if any of that actually made sense^ again no offense to anybody, just my current experiences. Feel free to abuse me, agree whatever..
- Perthrider
edit : im pretty sure i posted this in the wrong section anyway, dont know how to move it. Admins feel free.

Last edited:
welcome to the real world mate

i know a guy that can get around an mx track as fast if not faster than a bloke on a 250

they really dont like that at all (yes reefy is who i'm talking about)

I feel you man, but these people on bikes are the same guys, or go on about how their 1996 commodore is far superior to anything that came out of japan, and the same ones who say that anything other than beer is a girls drink etc etc. They're just old school bogans who don't know any better, if anything you should feel sorry for them! :)

Cheers guys, good to hear im not alone. Coolmode, thats exactly my point. Its not what you ride, its how you ride, a bigger price tag doesnt neccasarily make you go faster! And when they realize that, it does piss them right off. And what do they do when they feel threatened? Attack.
And twisties, that is a PERFERCT example of the people im talking about. You shouldve heard them yesterday :D
cheers,
-perthider

its true the perth bike scene has a great dislike for china style minibikes

Going to keep this short and sweet -

I agree entirely mate.
Hopefully we can go for a ride together soon!

Hey brodie im all up for that, i was up at those new clay trails yesterday, they're sweet, especially the 50 juniors track :D . Plus theres a couple of table tops next to it now. check out the rtra website - Pinjar Off Road Vehicle Area these guys are the legends who set it up. Hillz, if i can find some mode of transport im there. Hope it doesn't attract to many idiots though :)

Yeh you are definently not alone. I'm so sick of people on crf's and bikes like that thinking they are so much better then us just because of the price tags, And it's also opinion on what bike you want toride, my step dad has a crf150f id prefer my pit bike over it anyday.

Agreed, n it bout 50/50 here in melb but u get that, just have fun, I do weather I'm eating mud or blasting past some Honda, a lot of people ride full size bikes where I ride n can't ride for peanuts

Yep, nothing better than the look on someones face as I blast by their 250 on my local tight trail :D not that i do it to be a ****. As you say Patrick, most of them are just sh@# riders. Complete showbags, All talk, no show.

Lochie i completely agree. Thats exactly my point. Plus described about 20 jap riders i know in a nutshell.

agree with you there bro get what ya pay for if you buy a bike for $200-$300 then yeah expect problems dont bag out chinas just cos you bought a lemon bike cos you only spent a couple of hundred go spend $1250 on a Dpro 160 like i did an you will be wrapped

see i give mx'ers the smug look back- coz we know half of them couldnt get on a mini bike and keep up with us! been proved a few times now over here :)

like mooie said showing them up on their own track on a mini happens now and then too ;)

Latest posts

Back