My road registerable Z50 Replica! Munkee

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc85

Reaction score
Thought i'd start a new thread in the new forum. It is a Skyteam Munkee, got it about 4 days ago its fun to ride and does about 80km/h

It's my mini harley =)

Here is a link to some pics and vids, no videos of me riding yet i need to find a cameraman

http://www.users.on.net/~croft/monkey/

Nice... How much did that set you back?

So it actually has a compliance plate? any chance you could take a pic of the plate? (should be on the headstem)

Edit: it sounds like a big bike, I'm suprised it got registered with a standard pitbike muffler... I must be too use to my quiet postie bikes and restricted pitbike...

Last edited:
Yes it has a compliance plate, if it didn't there would be no painless way to have it registered, i will take a pic but i am blocking out all the numbers on it

Cost me $2000 and as for mods i am going to see what the biggest motor i am allowed in it, may upgrade to a 138cc lifan with oil cooler or maybe just fit a big bore kit to the current engine and a 25mm mikuni with ported manifold

Also plan to put get a extended box alloy swingarm (one of these http://www.monkeybike.co.uk/acatalog/Swing_Arms.html ) and stiffer rear springs, alloy footpegs and if i am allowed to change the engine to a bigger one i will change the sprockets so i can get 100km/h+

Attachments

• CIMG1249 (Small).JPG
    CIMG1249 (Small).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Thanks :) .. yep, good idea to hide the VIN & engine numbers... I was just interested to see what ADR's it complies to and so on.... and to compare it to an old origional Z50 one...

Thanks :) .. yep, good idea to hide the VIN & engine numbers... I was just interested to see what ADR's it complies to and so on.... and to compare it to an old origional Z50 one...

So how does it compare to the compliancing of a Z50 ? Also how hard would it be to get an uncomplied Z50 complied if it has all the right lights and speedo etc?

It's pretty pricey to get a bike registered without a plate unless it was made pre 89? I think.... I've never done it but I believe you need an engineer to inspect them and pay a heap of fees to the Transport Dpt.

There's a lot of info here:
http://www.dotars.gov.au/roads/motor/standards/index.aspx
And here:
http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/

I don't have a Z50 at the moment but my brother has, from memory the origional plates were pretty basic... I'll take a pic of it next time I'm over there...

Just been checking out some of my bikes....

CT110 (1987) lists ADR 33 & 39 which are brakes and noise I think...

XR80 says for exclusive use on competition circuits...

XL185 (1985) complies with 28 & 33 (noise & brakes)

CT110 (2000) has a plate much the same as yours, with the same info, I haven't looked at one for ages so assumed they were still like the old ones...

Well do you have a rough idea figure wise on what the costs involved in getting it complianced upto the point of registration would be ? $1000 ? more? assuming it is in roadworthy condition with all lights etc.

No idea realy...

If it's a genuine Z50 your talking about it might be Cheapest to hunt around for an old Z50 frame with a plate on it, and swap frames ;)

Hey mcj85, What Engine is currently in The Monkey?

It all Depends on your Bike License.

Pretty sure if its Classified as a Moped (50cc) You might find it hard to install a larger engine as it makes it not a Moped.

But Its not like The Police are going to take off the head and Measure the Bore and Stroke ;)

Nice Bike.

Yeh a file or i goto china and get them to make a head with no cc on it lol, but i'll prob need to order 1000 minimum, anyone want one ??? J/k =)

hey guys..i have a skyteam munkee as well...mines on the road and i am still running it in, i have 138 klm on it so far.
As for build quality, they arent too bad from what i hear and what i see
i am after another one if i can get one
or a genuine z50.
if its a genuine z i will pay up to $2000 dollars for a pre 87 thats in very good condition...must have lights etc and be registerable

Latest posts

Back