my speedo

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sniper

Reaction score
Ages ago i tried to put a wireless bike speedo on my pocketbike but the spark plug interference made it go spastick.But i have been told on here that if i want a bike speedo to work i need to buy one with a wire that goes from the speedo to the sensor.

So i recently bought a bike speedo with a wire that goes to the sensor but it still goes spastick when i start the bike.Wtf is going on?

Dunno mate, i've had plenty of pushy speedos on my bikes and never got interference on any that were hard wired, that's running shit kmart ones thru to decent sigma ones.

The only thing i can think of is if you have mounted the pickup and magnet right up the top of the wheel it may be too close to the HT lead and in it's magnetic field, pull the pickup off the fork leg, start the bike and see if you can figure out if there is a safe distance, you may need to mount the whole thing down near the hub.

Just noticed you have that pocket bike in you avatar, is that what were talking about? if the front wheel is too close try moving the sensor to the back wheel, if the cable will reach.

Thanks heaps,it is actually on a 49cc dirtbike.One of the newer ones on ebay,its called a monster 49cc from foxico.Ill try and put it on the left hand side and let you know if it works.

Latest posts

Back