my thumpstar project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiro

Reaction score
G'day guys
names jesse

I bought this thumpstar a week ago for 100 dollars off gumtree
IMG_1958.jpg

It had low compression but i was told it ran so i grabbed it. When i got it home i tried to start it but no go. I had another pit bike i was given with a 120cc lifan in it so i done a compression test on both the 125cc had 60psi the lifan engine had 160psi so i switched them out but still couldnt get it to go turned out cdi had died.

I bought a complete electric kit off ebay and replaced it all and she fired first kick.

It still needs work

forks rebuilt and head stem bearings
rear brakes arent there so need a whole kit
upgrade front brakes
recover seat and get new plstics
sticker kit
plus some bits to make it look cool

what do ya's think?

cheer hiro

Thats a very good price for a bike like that and it looks like its in good condition just need a bit of fix up.

Had a tinker today :)

Pulled the front end apart inspected the triple clamp bearings they were dry and dirty gave it all a clean up greased and reassembled. Has no play now and moves freely.

I also found the problem with the forks being seized. When i undone the front axle the forks shot down so i took some measurements and found that the wheel spacers were to small causing the forks to bind. So i put 3 washers in there temporaraly and it is much better I have suspension!!!!
bb44bb71.jpg

left the front plate off i think it looks better
5e060839.jpg

I also need a new front wheel or atleast get this one's hub centered as it bounces like crazy.

Things will be slow as i cant afford to be spending money on toys at the moment :(

and this is my daily transport
small000.jpg

Had a tinker today :)

Pulled the front end apart inspected the triple clamp bearings they were dry and dirty gave it all a clean up greased and reassembled. Has no play now and moves freely.

I also found the problem with the forks being seized. When i undone the front axle the forks shot down so i took some measurements and found that the wheel spacers were to small causing the forks to bind. So i put 3 washers in there temporaraly and it is much better I have suspension!!!!
bb44bb71.jpg

left the front plate off i think it looks better
5e060839.jpg

I also need a new front wheel or atleast get this one's hub centered as it bounces like crazy.

Things will be slow as i cant afford to be spending money on toys at the moment :(

and this is my daily transport
small000.jpg

CBR650?

My dads CBR650 looks like that.

yeah just a baby blade unfortunately i may have to part with it due to my new job :(

nice find mate you get some awesome deals on gumtree also make sure th lube the chain good luck
ps my name is jesse have fun

haha yeah chain lubed before every ride mate one of those things i have alsways done

Latest posts

Back