My VL Commodore project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoXXX

Reaction score
well ive seen a couple the new threads on cars lately so i thort id chcuk up one of me car and its progress

well ill get started about 6 months ago i got my first vl in good nick 190.000km's on it right rear quater panel is a bit dinted up but thats about it. the rest is pretty straight as soon as i got it i was planing mods and respray as i am only 16 and just starting to drive and am at tafe for 3 days a week doin a machanics course and doin work exsperiance on the other 2 days of the week i cant rele get a job as yet so im only getting payed 190 a week so its not all goin to happen at once...

well in the last 10 weeks i have stripped it all and ready for respray .as my family are all in the car bussiness i can get it sprayed and all i have to do is pay for the paint so it will only cost me about 600 for the paint it was goin to be a full respray in and out with the vy-vz commodore impulse matalic blue but i dont rele wanna drop the engine so im gunna do it a pearl white im doin around the door jams and every where just like that but just not goin to take out the engine so its all ready for respray nilly now its undercoated now but will be a little while before it get resprayed ive got to do the guide coat and then sand with wet and dry then ill be pretty set

i havnt done any for a while as i lost interest for a while but now mum and dad have said if i dont start doin it again and get it finished well its goin out in the rain and i dont want that do i...

i have all the calais lower door moulds calais pop up front light calais rear end tail lights ,garnish,moulds etc etc...

i have also a full turbo setup but i am selling now due to all the p plate laws and it would just be a waste of time me putting it on if any one is interested in it send me a PM

well heres some pics of when i got it

000_0629.jpg
[/IMG]

000_06321.jpg
[/IMG]

000_0634.jpg
[/IMG]

Take a out your windscreens and look for rust. Also your boot chanel, they rust up like crazy and leak water into your boot. But you have probably already done this. Oh and my engine bay is still white :p You only see it when you open the bonnet lol. Heres a pic of my car before it was sprayed and while it was sprayed.
leceb3df16aac177e768ca2wq2.jpg

lcb72dde23e4f985172dcbfkb5.jpg

Mine originally came from an old lady from sydney with 110,000kms. Then it was sold to the bloke who sprayed it. He had it for about a year, then it was sold to another bloke. He had it for a year. And then it was sold to me :)

looks awesome mate.. i used to own a VL turbo aswell.. got a 5 page feature in street commodores in 2005 i think it was.. then i customised it more with new interior and added a Rb25det motor combination.. boy i miss that car..

Hey mate how come your not going to paint the engine bay? I know you may think its a hassle but ripping out an engine and wiring etc is a chimps job, not hard at all. Every car i have built bar 1 i have done the whole car (including the bay) and the one i didnt do a full paint job i was never realy happy with and once i decided i would do it properly it was a c*nt getting paint matched... Just my 2c

And your obviously going to have to rip the engine out anyway as you dont have a VL turbo, you just have a VL:p

You either hate em or love them. Some think they are sex on wheels, others think they are butt ugly. IMO it is the only commodore what doesn't need a bodykit to look good. Lower them, rims and paint and they look "done up" Do that to another commodore and it will still look like a boat.

Not to mention they have the best 6 cylinder motor holden used. v8 commodores are another story tho.

imo the only thing better about the vl is that they dont have the shit engine like the VN,VP etc

they are only good if they have a lot of work done

ford falcon ftw

Or you could forget about both holden and ford and come join the dark side and drive a fire breathing rotary that will shit on both of the above mentioned cars :D :p

Although the VL turbo does have one good thing, it has a nissan motor and GMH were 20 years ahead of ford witha the turbo6 which does show some common sence.

You either hate em or love them. Some think they are sex on wheels, others think they are butt ugly. IMO it is the only commodore what doesn't need a bodykit to look good. Lower them, rims and paint and they look "done up" Do that to another commodore and it will still look like a boat.

Not to mention they have the best 6 cylinder motor holden used. v8 commodores are another story tho.

haha the funny thing about that the engine is a RB30E out of a Skyline:p

if it's out of holden's and ford's, its mostly ford, but my heart belongs to imports particularly R32 skyline's and FC RX-7's.

yea mate i got nothing against VL's, infact i have a soft spot for the VL calais.
Oh, and u holden boy's would have to admit that the XR 6 turbo is quite a machine.

haha the funny thing about that the engine is a RB30E out of a Skyline:p

if it's out of holden's and ford's, its mostly ford, but my heart belongs to imports particularly R32 skyline's and FC RX-7's.

Whats so funny about it having a nissan motor? The v6s are Buicks? is that funny? And imports are ugly, the only good thing about them is some of the motors. In your case the r32. A completely shit RB20 what is good for a boat anchor.:) :p

Like I said, a lot of work

and yeah the ford falcon thing was a joke hahahaha but the XR6 is nice as.

I still missed the sexy part, its a 4 door family sedan for christs sake:p

Bang for buck there arent bad but there certainly not the best, also you should probably revise some of those statements cause the really quick VL T's have a stupid amount of engine and driveline mods, for the same money i can build a rotary or an import to do the same things.

Let face it you love them for some un-known reason and thats fine. I lvoe rotarys one of the most hated variety of cars on the plannet (but thats only cause of the tall poppy syndrome)

Each to there own but i think alot of those VLs you posted were "fully hektic *insert nato here* wanker transporters". A nice clean car with convo pros or even chasser rims look bettetr than 19" chrome crap with glitter paint lol:rolleyes:

Brap Brap:p

he stuffed the 21-inch turbo vl with the gay racing seats in the rear and them ugly ass, heavy chrome rims.
vls are a great car if you know what to do with them. no habib spec shit just gotta have some go and look "clean"
motoxxx i like what you are doing with yours and should turn out sweet.
motoluver i stll am yet to see your vl properly. so keep yours eyes out for a red 323i bmw e30 (with gay chrome rims that it had when i bought it) and say g'day

Rotary in my day ,was called a rotisserie ,great for cookin chooks

but at the end of tha day u cant beat cubic inch

imports << well where do ya start other than GO SPEED RACER hehehe
i love the boy racers sittin on my ass in my patrol the bonnet fits nice under the hayman reece towbar

I never said i liked rice, boy racers, body kits or bling.

My rotors have been classic metal, will run rings around most cars ( built for circuit not striahgt line but yet they ate nearly everything on the streets that was road regod).

One of my mates down here owns the fastest street car in tas.... guess what it is... a 8 sec 13BT and it shit over all the 8's, blown 8's and turbo 6's so i dont know what your on about:D it takes longer than 8 secs to cook a chook lasgt time i checked:confused:

Im not a one eyed rotor head i like anything built well with good power/charactor weather it be a rotor, turbo import, aussie muscle or an american land barge but when people cant admit that some rotarys can kick the shit out of something with 4x the displacement then they clearly have a problem:p :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back