My Xr50 04

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are you getting the frame painted or powder coated ??

The Red hubs look mad !!

If I could be bothered to un-lace my rims I'd get mine powder coated Red too, love it !!! But then I'd need to get some HD Black rims also... too much hassle... LOL

with paintng the "Honda" & "Made in Japan" red

just clean the letters out , use some kind of a primer , Then go to Supercheap and find the Paint in a spray can called Metaltech i think , the brand has only 3 different colours ,Red/Purple/Blue so its easy to spot .

and do 2 light coats , then just use very fine sand paper (or rag with thinners etc) and wipe the paint off the top of the case , and it should leave the paint still looking good in between the letters..

DSCN0491.jpg

with paintng the "Honda" & "Made in Japan" red

just clean the letters out , use some kind of a primer , Then go to Supercheap and find the Paint in a spray can called Metaltech i think , the brand has only 3 different colours ,Red/Purple/Blue so its easy to spot .

and do 2 light coats , then just use very fine sand paper (or rag with thinners etc) and wipe the paint off the top of the case , and it should leave the paint still looking good in between the letters..

DSCN0491.jpg

ahh k awsome thanks fr letting me know i might give it a go,

i think i have a blue one of the paint your talking about
but i might go buy the red one tonight,

AND as for everyone else, i dont know wht there doing to the bike i herd its just getting painted, n i herd it just get powder coated.

but im ment to be getting it back today. with it just sand blasted, so i think im going to get the paint my self n spray it, cause i should have it done in no time.

oh yeah and guys
yesterday i hooked my carbi up to my fuel tank cause i got some new fuel lines n there yellow :) anyways, as soon as i turned the fuel on, the fuel came straight out of the release at the bottom of the carb, and the screw for it is done up so i dont know what is going on.
can anyone help me out n explain it too me

cheers guys

if your gonna paint anything , like frame etc make sure you prep it to the maximum! and put the LEAST amount of paint on it (including primer/clear etc) as it will chip like crazy

the thicker it is the easier it flakes off , i can use my nail to scratch my mates frames paint , where as the five0 frame that my dad painted for me was pretty tough for paint . (but it still chips quite abit.)

and with prepping you will need certain sand paper , wax and grease remover , can of that paint which is $18 a can! , primer , clear and whatever else which can cost a fair bit if you dont have any of that stuff!

if i didnt have any of that stuff , i would much of rathered to spend the extra 20-40 bucks for it to be powdercoated , plus the metaltec red colour is abit different to your hubs i think (its the same colour as that five0 frame abit more shinier/metallic

hey guys
got mi bike finished off yesterday
but didnt have anytime to put pics on so im doing em no

putting the bike back together everything went well.
so drammas

here are the pics

P271108_1639.jpg

P271108_164001.jpg

P271108_1640.jpg

OH AND PLEASE GUYS DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CABLES, I NEED TO GET ZIPTIES AS I DIDNT HAVE ANYMORE,

CHEERS

BEFORE

P181108_1657.jpg

AFTER

P271108_0730.jpg

Last edited:
It's looking good dude ,

I reackin a nice tall black seat would make this look trick:D

Good job

yeh thats next on mi list
and new accelerator first but
cause the one i have is wrecked bad lol

but thanks man
i agree its starting to look better lol

hey guys
just curious how much would my bike be worth too sell?

cause i may need to sell sometime next year or b4 Christmas
as i need to buy a new car.

looking for a vp calais and need the extra cash and unfortunately my pride n joy may be up for grabs :(.

or i may be selling my toyota celica 91 sx, which will be going for $2000

not a 100% sure but any where from $1000 to $1500 put some crf plastics on it and this thing would sellpretty quick

i have the original xr50 ones for it but there recked hard core like im missing the back left i think it is :S, the stickers are coming off, scratched, they just will make the bike look old

where n how much u reckon i could get the crf50 plastics

i just sold a set for $140 and that wasnt everything when i bought them i got them from honda and i got front mud guard rear mud guard ant tank shrouds that was it and cost me $250 so you would still have to buy rear number plates fork guards and front number plate theyarent cheap but dam they look good

Latest posts

Back