My xr50 is slipping out of gear

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrhonda50

Reaction score
Hey guys i bought a 4 speed gearbox for my xr50 and installed it but when i take off sometimes/ alot of the time it drops out of gear into neutral. Mainly in 1st n 2nd gear, any idea's on what could be causing this problem?

How do i test it to see if it is the clutch or do i just put in new clutch shoes or do i need heavy duty clutch springs? Also i forgot to mention it sometimes does it when im moving it isnt just at stand still.

umm i cant remember i bought it like early this yr or late last year, it was off an aussie website think in perth or around there. was like $250-$300

ahk could be a whole heaps of issues. but id most likely say the dogs are worn or it aint spaced properly

has really been riden so i dont think the cogs are worn as it isnt that old, not to say they arnt just i dont think they are cause it still lets me ride it and it doesnt always do it in first gear. im thinking there is like 1 washer in the wrong spot :(

has really been riden so i dont think the cogs are worn as it isnt that old, not to say they arnt just i dont think they are cause it still lets me ride it and it doesnt always do it in first gear. im thinking there is like 1 washer in the wrong spot :(

that'll do it pull it apart and inspect..

do you know where i can get a diagram to copy it from when i pull it apart to put it back together. cause i would never remember what order the cogs go in haha.

depending on which box it is.try and pull it all out as one with the selector and gears still intact

Latest posts

Back