My XR650R got an evil little brother today...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiddy@norway

Reaction score
I thought I'd just pop in and spread some envy:D I just picked up an -94 Honda CR500 a few minutes ago, it's in pretty good condition with freshly rebuilt engine and a full FmF exhaust system, the thing roars and sound plain terrifying! it rattles and vibrates like crazy and takes a strong leg to start it, the power it makes is totaly overkill but I love it!

I'm a happy man Now that I finally own both of Hondas Big-Bore monsters, these bikes will stay in my possesion until I die...

just thought I'd share this happy day with you:D

nice work mate how much did you pay for it.......cr500= SCARY lol

I paid something equivelant of 3000$ aussi dollars, thats probably a crazy price for you guys, but here it's considered a bargain as there is only a handfew of these bikes in the country. I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can take it to the woods for a ride! (it's probably going to injure me in ways didn't think were possible...)

cr 500s have awesome amounts of power

Shouldn't it be the CR being the older brother?? The CR would eat it for breakfest!!

Got some pic's mate?

Are you thinking about ripping the motor out and putting it a newer frame Service Honda style?

Last edited:
^^^^thats a good idea.......improve your handling alot

yer , i remember seeing a Thread somewhere of people doing that alot! i think it was on this site to??

would make the ultimate bike!!

Service Honda sell them direct to the public with the newer CRF style frames. Have for the last 2 years or so as far as I'm aware.

It's just cheaper to do it this way.

PS: A service CR500 is what Maddo uses for his distance attempts.

Last edited:
cr500's are widowmakers lol
my mate has it fitted to twin spar crf frame and its the only bike in history that makes my balls tuck up and hide lmao

I luv riding the CR500 but riding them really takes it out of you and I dont think im fit enough anymore to ride one all day lol. My arms would end up so sore from trying to keep the front end down all day and not to mention the big tank slaps they give. Worth every minute of it though :D.

In Australia a decent CR500 still sells for over $3000 so it sounds like you got a good deal over there in your beautiful snow blown country ;)

Congrats on the purchase and get some pics for up for us all to drool over :p

I'll get some Pics of both the CR and XR side by side soon. as for fitting the CR engine into a newer alloy frame, the guy I bought the bike from is doing that, he bought my old -99 CR250R some time ago, just before christmas he purchased this CR500 plus another complete one in parts, he sold the running one to me and is now rebuilding the other CR500 engine before throwing it into the 250 chassi.
all he needs to do is to weld up 2 new motormounts and get a custom made pipe from service honda.

as for me, I'm sticking with the oldschool bike, it got soul, a pitch-black and evil soul but a soul nontheless....

Latest posts

Back