Need a bike for lil bro and I

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feddy

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry if I've gone and created another thread about this kind of stuff but im very new to this forum, I just signed up aobut 10 minutes ago and most of all I am very new to riding. I have riden bikes before like a kx 60, kx 80 and Orion 250cc So im not too shabby but still not a pro and have a lot of practice to do. So...

I'm looking into buying a bike for my lil bro and I in the near future. Only wanna spend ~ $1000 – $1200. Not looking for any Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki or any of the well known 2 stroke brands, more towards the chinese brands.

My lil bro is 10 and im 18 so I want a good size bike around 125cc – 150cc. What are the best bikes around now. Ive been looking at PitPro on ebay but not too sure what that company is like. I think i read somewhere about an MSO company. I don't know too much about these kinds of things. I'm in Sydney Metropolitan (West) btw so if there are any good stores that I can visit or that deliver that'd be great.

Also how fast are these bikes. My mate owns an Atomik 250cc and he rekons it goes pretty fast so i wouldnt mind going riding with him on a lil 150 or so thumpster or something.

1 Last thing sorry to be a pain but are these bikes reliable. As I've said im from the sydney area and I like to go out to Apin where theres a nice bike track and wouldn't mind doing some jumps without having the handle bars or the 2 front forks snap on me.

Thanks for all your help guys.

mate i work on the pit pros all the time and they seem to be a good machine as long as u keep things tight and regular oil changes, small enough to take anywhere big enough to still hurt

ya mate go with the mso you will have to spend a lil more than $1200 but it will be well worth it from what i hear from other guys on the forum they are quiet reliable and quick to, another option would be ciniworx but they are a lil more aswell but are top bikes.......stay away from pit pro, they fold like a pocket knife mate, bottom of the line quality and you will spend more time fixing it than riding.

my 2 cents anyways:D

Just a heads up - The more you spend on a new bike the more reliable its going to be. Cheap Ebay shit is going to cost you more to repair. But if your prepared to look after it (regular maintainence, e.g. oil changes) then you may be alright with a cheaper version.

^^a little more than oil change's is required to maintain a bike, but yes a cheaper version can be a option if your good at spinning spanners but if you only have basic knowledge then maybe a more reliable bike is the better option

yeh it wouldnt hurt me to learn about fixing bikes. If something stuffs up I can always post on this forum and get some help. But I'm looking into the MSO and pitpro bikes. Theres a shop in melbourne i think that delivers so I might have a look at their website.

Any last suggestions from you guys on a bike I should get. E.g model name.

The mso is way better quality built than the pitpro. I own a 09 pitpro 125rr and I agree its not the top of the line but apart from the shock stuffing up it hasnt given me any trouble. I way 82kg, jump the shit out of it and give it a good floggin and it hasnt missed a beat. Rotn50 has the same bike and he has flogged it like me and also has not had any trouble. However to put all the better quality parts like what the mso has on it would cost more than goin out and buyin a mso. It depends what you want either a toy to throw around or a bike to ride everywhere all day. Since your bro is only 10 the pitpro would be more than enough for him.

my lil bro got a 125rr the other day, it's a sweet little bike for the price, the only thing I don't like about it is the seat is hard as f@#k it feels like there's no padding at all. plenty of power too, it keeps up with my 140xr.
lots of people will bag out pitpro and say they're shit but if you're looking for a cheap chinga and you're prepared to keep up the maintenance they're fine

hey guys I was just wondering If anyone knows any places in Sydney ( east or west doesnt matter ) that sell the pitpros n stuff. Its easier trying to bargain with them rather than ebay lol.

Latest posts

Back