need a learn how to ride manual

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbikepip

Reaction score
im about to buy a pitpro 125cc rr and its manual and i havent riden a manual moto before could some1 please just tell me the basics of shifting gears manually

cheers

haha i remember back in the day when i learnt how to ride.start it up pull in clutch shift into 1st slowly release the clutch untill you fell the bike try to move forward then give it a small amount of throttle untill ur movin.pull in the clutch and shift up to 2nd same as coming down a gear

ok basically once u master the take off its easy peasy

ok first u pull the clutch in then pop it in 1st.Ok then put some throttle(enough to get going) on and let go of the clutch slowly.

hah remember my first ride no one was there to help me so i gave it a rev and dumped the clutch.ahhh lets just day the bike went alot further then i did.

oh and changing gears is easy.Simply pull in the clutch shift and let it out

cheers
but when changing gears do i let go of the throttle when changin or still holding the throttle while pullin in the clutch and changin gears?

ease off the throttle when pullin the clutch in then when letting it out get the revs going again

listen to the revs when it starts to strain or run out of them would be the best word to describe it then ya change.

dont worry too much bout it though it will come naturally

u will hear the revs peak. and u will stop gaining speed.

always ease of the throttle a bit when changing otherwise u will harm the ever fragile syncromesh in the gearbox.

when learning i found it easier just to click it into 1st then roll with ur feet. and let go of the clutch. that way the bike wont jump and u will have momentum.

it takes 10mins to master mate dont be worried

the proper way they teach you to ride a bike on the road (Q-Ride) is to apply the rear brake, ease the clutch out slowly till the revs drop ever so slightly, pick up the revs a little and you should feel the bike want to move forward, release rear brakes and ease the clutch out slowly as you try maintain a normal engine rpm.

Basically just get out there and try, gear changes I chop the throttle at the same time i pull the clutch in, change gear and as you drop the clutch again pick the revs up to match. Once you have been on it for a little while you will get the hang of it.

Latest posts

Back