Need gaskets or something asap :(

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
then your probably using too much. chemical gaskets are all the rage these days and come standard on most new vehicles from your toyota yaris up to your 400 hp (or whatever it is) holden HSV. companies like loctite spend gillions of dollars developing compounds for this exact purpose, and would be out of business if their products destroyed engines. i have watched videos of many new engines being built from BMW to Case IH 600hp tractors, and chemical gaskets are cheap, effective and reliable. having said that, there are different types of chemical gasket for different situations, acid cure, nuteral cure, copper based, hi temp, blaah blaah blaah. if you use the wrong one for an application there is every chance that you will fist and engine. IE use an acid cure gasket on a rocker cover on an efi engine, you will kill your oxygen sensor within days, resulting in Higher fuel consumption and poor running.

dont be a hater of chemical gaskets just because someone on a forum said so.

i totally understand what you are saying and where you are comming from
but is this kid going to put the right amount on or even make sure he has the absoloute corect stuff
ive not got this from a forum ive got this from the following first hand experiance.
my mates hsv vr gts that had its pickup blocked from silicone resulting in a rebuild and modification of the pickup to a ford one to prevent this happening again.
and rebuilding several engines that bits of sillicone have been found inside along with other wierd stuff

yeh cool man. at least you understand. its all about reading the instructions, right tool for the right job.

dont forget that when some manufacturers build an engine the gasket paper or seal is sometimes part of the clearance between two surfaces for example without a gsket your clutch cover may hit the clutch but with it you may have a half a mil gap with sealer you wont have this gap

Latest posts

Back