Need help buying a pit bike..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone im new this website and new to the whole pit bike thing. At the moment ive got jus a chinese 110cc couldnt tell you what engine or nothing doe, anyway im looking to buy a new bike for just trails and few jumps here and there nothing too hardcore. I was looking at the 'Atomik ProX 200 or 250cc' can anyone tell me the goods and bads of these bikes and maybe give me some more ideas for bikes..

Thanks

hey mate i've got a 250 atomik and there pretty good.about the only things you would have to change would be the air filter(just like all the other bikes) handlebars and the chain adjusters on your back wheel, the reason for changing the adjusters is when you start poppin wheelies or jumpin they will bend under the pressure. not hard to change just buy a more solid bolt thread and replace,then away you go.

Ok out of the box for light forestry or farm stuff.

After the usual stuff being replaced my prox 250 was sweet.

Then wanted it sweeter so.

Mods/ 30mm mik, larger fuel delevery, large pet cock, high flow fuel filter, air filter mesh, re packed muffler, quick turn r1 style throttle and cable.

Any one with other mods for 250cc zongshen?

The only thing is forks need to be a bit stiffer(even when set to hard /slow) and crank up the rear spring adjuster.

New pro x 250(got for friend last mth) has different forks (no clickers to adjust)Atomic tell me valve at bottom of fork is for adjusting but won`t give pressure range or info on how to adjust.

They say these forks are better and old style had problems (WTF)

It would help if I could land jumps better too and it feels frount heavy when doing wheel stands hard to pull up and find balance.

Again im not to good at stunt stuff eg stoppies wheelies and air to me is a meter or two.

I like the rider possition and shape, twin spar seems a nice ride comp to the (J) is it mono fraim bikes.

Love the 5 speed box and can work on different tooth sprokets depending on the terrain and style of rideing.

Not much zing but heaps of grunt.

I Like the wheel size 16/ 19 height and length is just right Im 1.8m h and 60 kg Works for me.

Excelent in bush/scrub (went out wit two friends they had 450 w/cooled suzie`s)

They over heated in the tight scrub.(big heavy and powerfull lush bikes)

Too big and powerfull for me but.

Swapped bikes at the end of day for a short bert and he was Impressed with what he called china crap.

Too the point of looking at getting one for 1 price 2 weight 3 size (beech boomer for the shack)

Im stoked.

Have looked at pit pro and like the look but haven`t had the chance to ride one.

Latest posts

Back