Need Help Engine Dies When Open Full Throttle

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XCHSER

Reaction score
Hi

My mate just bought a pitty and we through it together and it started fine but it when u go to rev it it bogs down n stalls. you have to slowly get the revs up to rev it n once it over lets say 3000 revs its fine. When u go to take off you gradually get your speed up when u just hold the throttle wide open it just bogs down n dies .

Any Ideas

Cheers Xchser

Are you doing this when the bike has just been started? Because it's pretty normal for it to happen.

Ride it around for about 15 mins so the engine is at full operating temp and see if it revs up a bit quicker.

my dhz has done this and it does get better after about 15 mins when riding hard you cant notice it anyway cause u dont let the revs die down but try re-jetting it

Yer i let it warm up but when ur in low revs in any gear or even idleing u go to open it right up it just want to die and does if u dont back off quick enough im thinking maybe might have clogged up jets in the carby from factory or a lose manifold if that doesn't work I don't no what to do. Anyone had this problem before>?

What type of engine and carby? I would be looking at the air/fuel screw and the level of the e-clip on the needle.

Latest posts

Back