Need Help Please

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nancy86

Reaction score
:confused: Hi Guys

Sorry i just realised i posted this in thr wrong forum ad now i cant work out how to delete and repost in the correct one.

I'm new here and I need some help and information. I am wanting to buy my partner a bike for his birthday, but i dont know the first thing about them.

He is going on about wanting a 125 thumpstar or pit bike.
Can someone please tell me the difference between them if there is any and which one is better. Like I said i dont know anything about this stuff.

Also i am wanting to know what brand/model/manufacturer is best, and what things i should look out for when i eventually buy one.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
motovert, mso, pitster pro and theere is more but can't think of them atm but they're top of the line for stock.

Welcome to miniriders :)

Hi I just want to say that you must be a champion of a missus to want to buy him a bike and espesially a $3000 one. He's a lucky bloke

why thank you. i do think im pretty tops. he just better appreciate it. But another question. Would i be better off buying a new one or a previously owned one. I dont mean anything that is over 10 years old. But would there be more problems with a new one or a previously owned one.

if u get a pitbike they are all brand new its hard to find a second hand one
may i ask how old is he

if you look for brands mso ciniworx pitster pro
any of these will be well in your price range and for 3k you will end up with a sic ride and a bit of cash to flash on a lil somthin else

i sugest you steer clear of the cheap nasty ebay bikes as you really get what you pay for in this industry
you might also want to look at the kawasaki klx110 you may pay more but the reliability is second to 1

good luck and dont hesitate to ask heaps of questions

he is 26. His brother in law has one and i think that is what has started this whole thing. We have a shop in Rockhampton that sell second hand ones but they wanted $1700 for one that had not been looked after at all both the brake handle things were snapped. thats why i thought i would try and find out some information about them and see if i can get a better deal somewhere else

Welcome to miniriders!
If you have 3k to spend definatly stay away from cheap bikes. With the amount of cash your willing to spend you can get a top of the line bike. Motovert, PitsterPro, MSO make very good bikes

do a search see if you can find a distributor for pitster pro or mso

mso have a bike called the sr140 it's about $2000.00 very good rtr bike

pitster pro have a bike called the x4 it's 150cc and retails at about $2350

both these bikes are a midsize bike and are fast

also look at the ciniworx pro they retail at a higher price but are worth it (i ride one)

have a look through some of the reviews on this site it will give you a better idea of what to look for

i wouldn't waste your time on a second hand bike you would just be buying someone elses problems

Hey guys thank you so much. I really do appreciate it. I will have a look at the brands you suggested and see what i can find. If i have any more questions i will definately come back and ask.

Thank you again.
Cheers:D

You could give Linda a call at MSO or send her an email and she will be more than happy to help you out and tell you if they have any distributors in your area. The 140sr is a great bike thats built to handle pretty much anything and it will leave you with some change to buy some riding gear.

Email: [email protected]

Thank u i-thump.
I will send her an email. she mite be able to give me a few ideas on wat type would suit him too.
thank you you have all been so helpful

Latest posts

Back