Need help to make a rear brake mount.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shing

Reaction score
I currently have a CNC alloy frame. The same as the ciniworx one and same frame and swing arm as the MSO elite.

I need to make a rear brake mount for the caliper because it didn't come with one and I can't pick up a spare no matter who I contact.

The swing arm has a little knob that looks as if it was circular, only the top and bottom and top of it have been flattened off. This is the ONLY thing that looks like something can hold onto. It faces the disk. There are no other holes on the swing arm and anything else that a mount can be screwed onto. So my question is this:
How am I supposed to mount a custom made alloy caliper mount onto this swing arm??

My other idea was to make a 90 degree bracket, have the top part hold the brake in place, then have the bottom section welded onto the top of the swing arm by a professional aluminum welder.

The alloy I was going to use would just be some good quality cut offs. I was thinking maybe 5mm thick piece, cut and grinded into shape?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers, Shing.

hey shing, most brackets from any thumpstar type bike will work you will just have to make spacers to sit it in the correct space...

The stock bracket is 19mm thick...

The bracket mounts to the wheel axle and also goes around the knob that you talk about !! the bracket has an elongated slot for the knob to sit so that the wheel, bracket and caliper can slid in and out to adjust the chain !!! The knob stops the bracket from rotating with the wheel..

Most caliper brackets are only a few mm thick, this is why you would have to make/get a spacer that will go between the caliper bracket and the swingarm... I've done a basic layout drawing to try and show what I mean....

Hope it helps...

wheel.jpg

Hope it helps....

Any chance of seeing a photo or two. Might help.

:eek: 19 mm!!!!! thats freakin huge! even if its alloy! try about 5mm, 10 in alloy...whatever...

NEW SINGLE PISTON REAR BRAKE KIT, SUIT DHZ DPRO OUTLAW - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 25-Jul-09 15:49:08 AEST)

yeah yeah, its the whole kadoodie... the advantage of being able to go to these places in person is seeing wht they actually have on the shelf and being a general pain in the arse:) gives an idea of the final shape though

so, your choices are, buy the whole assembly...means youll have some spares.
measure your arm up and draw out the shape you need, then get it flamecut.... not too cheap.
email the various places on ebay and see if anyone will sell one...i know for a fact kdf sport has an alloy one on display but it isnt listed on ebay...i havent checked their actual site...
check through the classifieds, cus someone will be selling one:)

um... yeah...

if its a steel swingarm, just weld a bracket on:p seen it done before....make sure its square and the disc will clear the caliper when adjusting the chain..

Last edited:
Yeah the stock one is 19mm thick but it's machined to shape and is thinner where the caliper mounts and also where it go's around the slide pin... it's that thick so you dont need another spacer like most brackets have... Most brackets have the spacer spot welded on but I've seen some that don't...

Heres the pic I sent shing...
P1040025.jpg

and yeah, the setup that Headsmess has listed from DHZ should work just fine !!!

Wow, EVERYTHING just fell together!!! I get how it all works now!!! Thanks everyone! I will chase down a second hand one. Now I get exactly how it works... DUH!

I even went onto ebay to get another spacer because it seemed I was one short XD. Well this solves two problems at once. Thanks again everyone!!! Particularly PB performance, nice diagram!

I will keep this up dated as to how its going.
Here is a pic of the bike in build, this is minus having the motor etc installed. I have other better pics, but I was having trouble uploading them before. DAMN INTERNET!!!
DSC_0015.jpg

Looks sexy! ahaha.

What engine yah going to dump in her?

Should come up a treat once yah finished yah project.

looks good so far shing, man that's a solid frame, makes my pitpro look like it's made of coathangers

Already have a 140 Lifan in there. But I am 'considering' selling that and upgrading to a 150. Not too sure... Don't really have the funds at the moment. :(

One quick question Shing, how much did the frame set you back and how much has the whole project set you back at the moment? Do you reckon it would be worth building another bike cause I recently done sort of, but not sure if I would like to do another.

Haha, yeh thanks guys. Like I said, I will get some more recent pictures up ASAP. But I have a snow trip coming up so I am a little strapped for time. I will try though!

One quick question Shing, how much did the frame set you back and how much has the whole project set you back at the moment? Do you reckon it would be worth building another bike cause I recently done sort of, but not sure if I would like to do another.

He basically brought a complete bike just less a few little things !!!

Latest posts

Back