Need help..Which pitpro should i get?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricos

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been in the market now for a while now for a pitpro bike.
Iv been doing some research etc and want to know what people think.

Im not sure which pitpro bike to buy, money is not a factor as there all "kinda" in my price range but i dont want to waste money for no reason etc.

Heres the deal, im torn between 3 different pitpro's.

1) PitPro 140XR which is approx $1299

2) PitPro 150 which is approx $1499

3) PitPro 160R which is approx $1650

Keep in mind that there is a $250 fee ontop of the above costs to cover for Tapers, proper air filters, rim locks, and for them to put the bike together for me (as id rather them do it properly and me get the bike as a "bike" and ready to ride)

I have my heart set on the 160, put after adding the additional $250 it brings the cost of the 160 up to $1900. Is this to much for a Pit Bike?

If i get the 150, should i just save the extra cash and just get the 140?
Please help me decide :)

PS i will be doing farm and trail riding

Thanks
Ricki

Mate go the 160, but take good care with that engine, and watch the kickstarting.

And no its not to much to spend on a pitbike.

The 160 has better brakes,better GPX forks ( fully adjustable) and more.

The 140/150 forks are average

Mate go the 160, but take good care with that engine, and watch the kickstarting.

And no its not to much to spend on a pitbike.

The 160 has better brakes,better GPX forks ( fully adjustable) and more.

The 140/150 forks are average

I have also heard a lot of different opinions about the 2 types of engines you can get with these bikes.
Alot of people say the LIFAN motors are crap and they blow up blah blah and alot say that the yx motors are crap.

I guess theres no REAL answer to it but is one really better than the other.
Reason i ask, is that my local dealer only sells the yx engines cause they have had too many problems when they sold the LIFAN's. And they recon since they started selling the YX there has been hardly any complaints/returns. He seemed so strong about the YX but i dont know who to believe :S

lifan/yx 140cc ar ethe same basically.Same reliability

Lifan 150cc is very reliable.Its been proved by many

YX 150cc is good.Many upgrades for it.But can be fragile and some of those engines have proved to be unreliable. But thats a small percentage of them

YX 160cc. Powerful and is a greaat motor.But needs maintanence and needs care with kickstarting

lifan/yx 140cc ar ethe same basically.Same reliability

Lifan 150cc is very reliable.Its been proved by many

YX 150cc is good.Many upgrades for it.But can be fragile and some of those engines have proved to be unreliable. But thats a small percentage of them

YX 160cc. Powerful and is a greaat motor.But needs maintanence and needs care with kickstarting

Whether i get the 140, 150 or 160 i plan to maintain the motor after every ride. Change oils frequently and clean filters etc. When you say "carefull kickstarting" is this something that is expected to break?

Would it maybe be better to spend less money on a 140 rather than an extra $400 on a engine that is so fragile (160) or am i over reacting?

Last edited:
uhhm yeh with the 160 you cant just go crazy at the kickstarter or you'll break the kickstart gears, Even with the yx 150 the same applys

Get it at TDC and give it a carm kick

$1900 is way too much for a Pitpro but then I wouldnt pay over $1000 for a Pitpro coz there are better bikes out there for that price such as MSO.

$1900 is way too much for a Pitpro but then I wouldnt pay over $1000 for a Pitpro coz there are better bikes out there for that price such as MSO.

Dam. One person says that 1900 isnt to much the other says it is.
I guess the point im getting at is will i need this extra power? Will a 140 be enough or will i ride it over a weekend and want more power? Is the 160 worth the extra 400 bucks?

1500 for a pitpro! why the hell would you buy that over a MSO? you can get a better bike for roughly the same price...

to add, all these engines will not last long if they are not taken care off corectly, im not sure about the yx engines but the lifans should be kicked from TDC as they have weak kick start gears and can brake due to misuse...

MSO have tested them all, and linda had told me that the lifan was all over the yx in all aspects (if that dosnt help you decide then i dont know what will) personally i would take her advice as the MSO team knows first hand as they have done the test where as i have not

and on the last note, 140's make reasonable power...

Last edited:
i doubt you will get over the 140 in a week .... only reason i would of wanted a bigger engine then 140 is for more acceleration and speed so i could hit big bike tracks with big jumps etcc other wise my 88cc honda is heeps of bottom end for a mini track

Last edited:
i doubt you will get over the 140 in a week .... only reason i would of wanted a bigger engine the 140 is for more acceleration and speed so i could hit big bike tracks with big jumps etcc other wise my 88cc honda is heeps of bottom end for a mini track

only real disappointment with my 140, i love my bottom end grunt, but no matter how big of a displacement i go i don't think ill get what i am after

my lifan 150 is pretty good off the bottom

but your right without spending 10 grand on a bike your not gunna get what you want down the bottom

as for the pitpro be warned your rear shock will flog out after 5 rides or less
so you up for another 2-$300 there

as above put 2 grand on an mso pro or sr not sure i think they are around that price mark
or look at the 07 ciniworx pro they have them goin for $2690 with helmet and gloves these are a 140 but full alloy frame
also the motovert 125 they are about the 2g mark and there's no need to upgrade any of these bikes they come ready to rip and will hold up heaps better than a pitpro

a bit more research needs to be done by you my friend good luck

Excuse my lack of knowledge....

But....basically you guys are saying if i am going to spend $1500 to get a 140XR PitPro and deck it out with tapers, new filters, etc im better off getting a MOS Pro 140 for the same price?

Will i still need to add tapers, new air filters, rim locks to the MSO's? or are they all kitted out with equivilant sort of gear?

Thanks

for the price u were looking at for a 160 on a standard pit bike u cood get a vert or mso or pimpit sumthing higher class u will see pitster pros fmr good higher quality better bikes if ur lucky u cood pick up a cheap 50 with a few mods done it wood last u alot longer

for the price u were looking at for a 160 on a standard pit bike u cood get a vert or mso or pimpit sumthing higher class u will see pitster pros fmr good higher quality better bikes if ur lucky u cood pick up a cheap 50 with a few mods done it wood last u alot longer

For a Pitpro 160 with standard extras(bars, airfilter, rimlocks, assembly, etc), will cost around 1800-1900.

An MSO 140SR would cost roughly the same price. However that is the bike as it comes. No extras like tapers etc.

I guess the answers i need are:
1) Will the MSO need extras like airfilters, rimlocks, taper bars or is it "ready to rock" as soon as i get it? Cause that will cost more$$

2) If an MSO is in the plans, then im stuck with a 140cc engine, rather than the big 160. Is that a big sacrafice to make as the pitpro will have more power?

My plans for the bike will mostly consist of trail riding, along with farm riding and maybe "some jumps" etc. I dont plan to put it around a track

Thanks

Last edited:
160 will have alot more power than a 140.

If you want it to be realiable then go MSO, if you want power then go PitPro. Personally I'd go MSO then pick a 160 up off eBay and wack her straight in. Probably come out the same as deckin out a PitPro though...

Latest posts

Back