Need Hints Taking Off Magneto/Stator Flywheel Nut

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avenger_125

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls
Just bought a brand new 140cc Lifan and irk and itrying to install it.
only problem is cant work out how to get the nut off without the whole magneto and engine turning, how do you stop the engine turing to get it off???

or put a screwdriver thru the hole on the magneto and hold it there
have u got a rattle gun?

put a spanner on the nut and flog the spanner with a hammer, works for me every time:D

what r u doing with ur old 125 may i ask??? interested in selling it?

i always use a rattle gun give it a bit of a go with the engine in gear and comes off like a charm, youll need a flywheel puller as well to get the flywheel off

yeh i use lock grips when i took a mates off to change the ignition =) yeh and to get the actual magneto off just belts the threaded bit that the nut was on and shell pop off =D

Thanks heaps, culdn put it in gear and put the brake on cos i haven put it on the bike yet, im moddin it first. Ended up holdin it with a wierd tool i found in the shed, had like a handle of a shifter and a chain that tightens wen u bend the handle

what r u doing with ur old 125 may i ask??? interested in selling it?

nah man i got plans for my old 49cc mini chopper lol shuld be good

Now for the next step, pulling it off. Where can u get a flywheel puller?? ive tried a three arm bearing puller but the arms are too thick and wont fit behind the magneto.

Darb110 wat do you mean jus hit the bolt?? with a mallet hit the bolt nothing else and it comes off??? doesnt sound too healthy

Last edited:
thread the nut back on a bit
sit a screwdriver tightly behind the flyhweel and hit the crank with a nylon mallet :)

yeh just tap the thread that the nut came off and then magneto will loosen and pop off =)

i just put a tyre leaver in behind the magneto and gave it a lil bit of gentle persuasion and the thing fell off

yep that works good ^^^^^^^^^^^

just be careful not to chip or crack your engine case

the next bit is the fun part

make sure your screw driver fits perfect give it a few belts and keep heaps of pressure on it when your turning it

Use a piston stop if you don't want the engine turning over

Latest posts

Back