Need Ideas!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buch

Reaction score
i just got my 2013 Dhz 125,
i need ideas on what are some good parts for it ?,
im new to all this but eg bars,levers,tyers, or like kick starts,gear shifters...
cheers,

Hey mate,
congrats on the purchase! firstly, what is your reason for upgrading the bike?
Have you found that there is something wrong with it?

hey man,
just becuase i have spear money, and want it to look abit better with upgrades,
nothing wrong with it goes great!

Daytona 190f! haha
but yeah depends, you want better handling or better power?
I could easily make a huge list some of which would only make small improvments and most are faily expensive, but I guess on of the most importent power upgrades would be the carby, get like a 24mm flat side or something similar. Handling wise it is already pretty good but can be better but will also cost a fair bit too. The cheapest upgrade for handling would be pro taper bars or renthal or something similar of high quality.

Next upgrade that I would like if I has the bike is a new exhaust system which isn't really a good bang for your buck upgrade but does sound so much better. And then there is all the things like high lift cams, porting, big bore kits etc.

So which way do you want to head and how much you got to spend.

if your going for more power... maybe go to a bigger motor or a gpx 125 ($400) and or a tb roller race head($500) + bigger carb and take 5speed gearbox ($600)

if you are looking for better handling... get some nice new tyres (karlsbad or somthing) or get some gpx race forks (about 400)

also maybe just a better carb may bring more power... maybe but its a prick to jet a new style carby

thats all extremism but yeah i need a reason for upgrading the bike to give a good answer

thanks!
havent got heeps of money, so probably new bars and new exhaust system.
if i was going to get bars pro tapers or i was looking around and i like the fat bar (metal mulisha series)
and with the exhaust, can you list some and ill have a look !

yeah thats a good place to start. With these bikes its probably best to upgrade as you go. If you find that something is bothering you/breaking/holding you back from riding the way you want then you can look more indepth at appropriate solutions. It can also prevent you from spending money on things that actually make the bike worse.

Its hard to mod a bike to its full potential when you have no idea why or how you want to do it as there are so many options.

Having said all of that though, some mods that are pretty effective is a new exhaust and carb, new tyres, new suspension and new bars. As long as you do your research and spend the time setting it up properly you will have a lot of fun modding and tuning it while learning a lot along the way

For starters maybe just a new chain and bars mate, the kmc chains are crap and stretch to buggery in no time and the last thing you want is it snapping and causing a **** load of damage. The stock bars aren't that bad but some good brand name ones will nearly last forever as well as feel better. Also it the levers are bifold levers you can get some asv copies or similar from ebay, snapping a clutch lever can really **** up your day. Get use to the bike, power and feel before you do to much because trust me as much as i love my bikes they are a money pit once you start you cant stop. Welcome to the crew mate.

helped alot,
i think all i will be doing for now is new bars and gear leavers, and a chain!
what chains are good quality that you could get off ebay?
haha thats true and cheers man!

For starters maybe just a new chain and bars mate, the kmc chains are crap and stretch to buggery in no time and the last thing you want is it snapping and causing a **** load of damage. The stock bars aren't that bad but some good brand name ones will nearly last forever as well as feel better. Also if the levers arn't bifold levers you can get some asv copies or similar from ebay, snapping a clutch lever can really **** up your day. Get use to the bike, power and feel before you do to much because trust me as much as i love my bikes they are a money pit once you start you cant stop. Welcome to the crew mate.

I dont know why that last post double posted but anyway, Any brand name chain RK or D.I.D gold chains are good just make sure you get the right length and width. There is a 420 pitch which is more then likely what you have and a 428 pitch chain. You will have to cut it down to size which will be about 104 links. I get alot of stuff from Dhz online ive gotten all my chains from them. Try to bulk things up with them give them a call or email the things you want and they will help you out.

Last edited:
one more thing ?
i want to get stronger bars anyway,
so what would you recommend, maybe Pro Taper SE bars, or i was looking at the evo pro tapers. and also i like the style of the metal mulisha fat bar.

I've got both the SE bars and the metal mulisha fat bars. The mulisha bars are full size bars so the width will need to be trimmed a bit like i did once trimmed down they feel great, they are strong as hell. Both bars are good and strong, the mulisha bars will need the fat bar clamps where as the SE bars will bolt straight up. Lots of guys run protaper bars so if you like being different you could try Tag or some other brands its up to you. Here's a picture if one if my bikes with the mulisha bars on it with just a different bar pad. Not the best picture but you can see the angle and rise of them ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365595716.523981.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

oh okay.
so with the fat bar (mulisha) you need clamps, and how do they work?
and im pretty keen on them, so im probably going for them.
and **** your bike is mint. the bar especially the bar compared to the others.
and sorry im probably pissing you off by now haha.

Last edited:
When buying a chain, don't look for bling look for a reliable brand and a tough make. I got a DID HD chain for my bike and it is much beefier than the previous KMC chain I was running. The bike will need a #420 pitch chain by going off the website.

As for bars, I would go Pro Tapers without a doubt.

No worries, happy to help with anything, feel free to chuck any links up of parts you are looking to buy and we can give our input.

I know when I first started building my bike, I went through a lot of useless parts ;)

Carlton

thanks alot man.
ill link you some stuff tomorrow mate getting off aha.
and with the bars im still pretty keen on the mulisha bars.

Latest posts

Back