Need info for Full Service

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poulsen8r

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post here but i have been reading for a while. I recently bought a Pit Bike (Unknown Brand/Origin...) with a 125cc Ducar Engine and a Seized Kick Starter. Now that the Kick is Unseized I thought i had better service it before hitting the track and i was wondering what oil, air filter and plug i should be using. I live in Townsville in North QLD so it is stinking hot all day and night and was also trying to determine whether this would affect my choice of oil and plug.

If you need any more info let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Welcome

How did you fix the kick start?

A NGK spark plug will be fine and from memory the plug number you need is C7HSA. A Uni Filter is your best option or you could just go for a cheap foam filter and just remember to oil it and clean it regularly. For oil I would suggest any cheap 20w50 oil as long as its not synthetic. These motors are not fussy about oil so the cheaper the better ;)

20w40 oil, ngk spark plug, uni filter dont buy cheap oil.

Thanks for the replies, The first answer from I THUMP was exactly what i was after :). As for the kick starter it was relatively easy to fix as all that had happened wasx the gear was jammed, the hardest part was taking of the transmission cover lol.

i also live in townsville and i run 20w50 oil and a ngk plug i would suggest to take the bike into china bikes and quads for a service the guys there are great and cheap

i would suggest to take the bike into china bikes and quads for a service the guys there are great and cheap

I have to disagree because every bike owner should learn how to service their bike. Its very easy to do and if you cant learn how to service a 125cc china motor then I recommend you dont bother trying to ride one. Every bike rider regardless of bike size or type must learn the basics of caring for their bike.

Servicing the bike is no problem, i was just not sure of what stuff to use and I dont really like that china bike store anyway as everything there is overpriced...

Latest posts

Back