need info on getting rec rego for mini quad

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaMan

Reaction score
Hi All,

does anyone know if it is possible to get VIC rec rego on a quad bike, i have been told you can but never seen it.

only reason is that i have been trying to get my missus to ride for ages and she finally agreed to a quad, IF i can get rego for it, plus thay are great to F**k around with in mud puddles!!!

Hope someone can help

Pete

well I don't actually know, but word is it's impossible to rec reg a quad.
It really is retarded, just another one of our governments MANY failures and forcing good people to break the law

It's do able... what do you need to know?
I haven't personally done it, but I don't ride bikes without rec reg.. and I wouldn't go anywhere near a quad without rec reg because I like being covered by the TAC. LOL.

The reason it's hard to get is because they have to meet higher safety standards then two wheelers(eg. because they roll so easy). Plus my friends that have quads say it's not as fun because when we go trail riding they have to follow the car around as they can't fit in the same small tracks.

what do you actually need to get them rec rego'd then?

i know for a bike you need headlight and stop\tail lights, horn, chain guards, stamped vin number and a few other bits, but what extras is there for the quads?

if you look on the vic roads website it states that 'ANY 2 WHEELED MOTORCYCLE" can get rec rego, they dont state anything about quads

i have seen a guy riding a quad for a government job (vic roads i think) they let you in the contry to pull tractors and stuff like that

Hate to dissapoint mate but you can't rec rego a quad period. Vic Roads will not do it.

You can use an ag quad for I think 500m road usage and that's about it. For farm purposes only.

well that just sucks ass, was speaking to a mate last night and he did a riding trip to tassie a few months back, reackons there were more quads than bikes out down there, all with some form or rec rego.

bloody tasweigans get all the luck.

It can't be totally impossible I know people with rec reg on them. But this could be because they got it a few years back and they have since tightened the laws. It's even much harder to get it on pitties now.

well that just sucks ass, was speaking to a mate last night and he did a riding trip to tassie a few months back, reackons there were more quads than bikes out down there, all with some form or rec rego.

bloody tasweigans get all the luck.

In tassie they don't have/need rec reg. Can ride anywhere pretty much.

It can't be totally impossible I know people with rec reg on them. But this could be because they got it a few years back and they have since tightened the laws. It's even much harder to get it on pitties now.

It is impossible. Or they are still riding illegally if they are caught or have whacked bike rec reg plates on them. Can only be registered for farm use if you own land to use it on and can prove it. That's it.

Highly doubt your mates have rec reg on quads, unless the vicroads inspector was a complete dufus.
If youre a farmer there is a form of reg you can get for them , something to do with tractors or something.

rec reg for pitbikes is not any harder than it used to be. We got ours couple months ago guy didnt even care when looking over it.

my mate who lots the movement of his legs in a bike accident managed to get a YFM700 road licensed 7 made adaptor plates so he could put on his 20" commodore rims!!! was a sweet beast but some bastard stole it

I agree with motorman, it is impossible to get one rec reged, although you can get them registered as a tractor or something stupid like that, but that still doesnt allow you to ride it in the bush

Easiest way to find out is to ring up vic roads and ask them

Latest posts

Back