Need Stronger Front Brake

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeeby

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm having major issues with my front brake on the Pitpro 140, sure it works and all, but they just suck. The brake lever itself has very little travel and I don't get the feeling of the pads biting the disc. On supermoto bikes they replace the motorcross brakes with a much larger rotor and caliper, is there ANY similar option on these pitbikes? I've read it helps to scrub off any glazing on the pads and also to be running good brake fluid but other than that you can't do much.

You help is very much appreciated :)

i got the xr and the back breakes r realy good but the front was a lil soft, all i did was get some fine wet and dry and sand your disk and sand the pads a lil and nows its fine, good enough for endos and all when i first got the bike out of the box yesterday the disk and pads had a slight greasy film on them(maybe for transport reasons) maybe that is the problem as far as larger rotors and all they come with descent front brakes u just need to get them set up right and running good, are your pads worn in?

Have had the bike since March with heavy front brake use when I'm racing as motard. I snapped the lever today so I can't really try anything but I'll give the pads a good scrubbing. Otherwise might have to put on some road bike ones, 320mm with 6-piston calipers anyone? :p

Have had the bike since March with heavy front brake use when I'm racing as motard. I snapped the lever today so I can't really try anything but I'll give the pads a good scrubbing. Otherwise might have to put on some road bike ones, 320mm with 6-piston calipers anyone? :p

sup hows 4 pot brembos sound ? can also go twin disc front end if ya want
have a look at my ride;)
index.cfm

brembo's need a special bracket which costs more than the brake itself

I have also noticed the same with my brakes. You have to squeeze them farely hard. I have only used the bike for about 30 minutes maybe they still need to be worn in.

If not im going to try some better break line fluid.

get better pad material put on by brake joint

corey58 how avalible are the pads for the brembo's ? seeing as a new mount bracket would have to be made would it be posible to use a larger diamiter disk? and what would a guestamate cost be for geting the mounting bracket made?

saber

Has anyone tried to fit some brakes from another bike? Goto a wrecker and see if any second hand ones fit from a honda or similar... might be worth a shot.

Damn my brakes are rubbish. I cant even get the front to lock AT ALL.... wtf.... is this normal? I have changed brake fluid.

Can't get mine to lock (on the tarmac) but can get the rear wheel off at moderate speed. New lever works much better than the Chinese folding one that I had always used (went through 5 before I called it quits).

Ahhh, so its not just mine.... I wouldnt have thought so as all the chinese bits come from the same shitty parts bin grrrrrr

So you can get new brake pad material put onto ur old pads? Does this make a significant difference? How much $ are we looking @?

Huge difference,mate did mine for me[freebie].I don't think it would be to expensive,cheaper than brembo's that's for sure

not sure if this is a red herring guys but most companies had too change pads (in front of customs officers) because of aspestos in the pads ...this wasn't just MSO but most companies and I think the ones that were replaced didn't glaze as easily as these seem too ?
Like I said this little customs exercise stuff EVERYONE around and cost most thousands because you had to pay for the customs officer to watch!!!! while ya change the pads in 3 containers of bikes !!!!....just part of the fun being an importer.... by the way the aspestos was "binded" and no threat at all....so yeah guys I think ya can thank customs.

Well I just got back from driving around in 40 degree heat... what a waste of time!
This is valid in Melb at least..... NO brake place will fit new brake material to brake pads, it just wont happen. Dont even bother.
Changing the front caliper to something bigger wont work either. Increasing the size of the pads doesnt increase stopping power it simply decreases heat which in effect over time will increase stopping power... but for initial bite it does nothing. The best option is to get braided lines (if u dont already) and better pads.... so i have been told.....

I ordered a set of Gold fern pads motorcycle brake pads | brakes | brake pads | rotors | braking | rallye | GOLD FREN today that cost me $49.95

When I get them ill let you know how they stop. If they are in stock @ warehouse they will arrive early nxt wk, if not they will take a wk or two...... btw the part number is 161 and it is a perfect fit. They are the same pad that come from a 1988 Honda monkey bike or the rear pads off honda rs125 2 stroke road bike.

Did you see Corey's twin disc Brembo set up!?! Those are some serious anchors! I don't think the pads you've linked to will fit my caliper :(

Latest posts

Back