need tips about orion apollo 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomahawk kx

Reaction score
:) hello ppl
i have and orion 125 and i think they are pretty good as i have had no trouble so far. i have it for around 7 months. i am always tightening and checking it over like everyone says.
just askin if anyone knew any tips for looking after it or what to watch for?:confused:

i have and orion 125 ... just askin if anyone knew any tips for looking after it or what to watch for?
Some options for you:
1) Air filter maintenance. Put a new filter on if the old one is weak.
2) Oil changes and a magnetic oil drain plug.
3) Keep it clean and oiled. Inox is unreal. Put it on your chain, control cables, foot peg pivots, spoke nipples, axles, and on other bare metal parts like the head and carb.
4) Adjust chain slack. Replace chain when it gets too long and before your sprocket teeth start to deform.
5) Re-grease your head stem and swing arm pivot bolt.
6) Change your brake fluid and fork oil.
6b) Check your valve clearances are in spec. 004 thou is a good figure to aim for for most pitbike engines.
7) If you ride in a lot of water, mud sand etc, then remove your tyres and clean+inox the insides of your rims, and wash all the grit off your inner tubes.
8) Clean (back wash) your fuel filter - or install one if you don't have one.
9) Remove your carb slide cover (if yours has a slide) and clean everything and Inox oil your slide. Also take off your carb bowl and check for any crud in there.
10) Inspect your spark plug, and replace if the electrodes don't look like new, or the inner insulator looks burnt or real dark (better fix your jetting in that case too).
11) Remove your magneto cover (left side) and check for corrosion or anything loose or wrong. Inox in there too!
12) Treat yourself to some new hand grips. Nice soft grips are just magic. Try SDG dual compound from Ballards.
13) Last but not least, pull apart your muffler and check the packing looks reasonable.

Last edited:
^^^^Thats all a bit full on for a $500 bike but i guess if u wanna go to that extent then good luck to u.

Yeah, I have to admit, I skipped step (13) on my daughter's $550 70cc atomik. And I replaced her stock blister makers with some softer Domino grips instead of SDGs. So that list was a bit full on. :)

yer but just make you clean it after every ride but make sure your give it a very good clean if it has been in mud.
Yep! And after mud, besides the obvious air filter maintenance, it also means removing, cleaning and re-greasing the swing-arm and shock bolts. And removing and cleaning under the fork chrome wipers, and generally spraying all metal parts with Inox. ;)

ive just bought orion agb 29 125cc. i check the chain and it is tight which is not suppose to be. so how loose it would be? any help please... how to maintan it? i mean the bike? how to modified to make it powerful>>??

Latest posts

Back