need to put new chain on..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtasy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

my SHIT china bike is a piece of crap!:mad: well now that the chain snapped off i got a new one,now the problem is that i cant remove the last bolt of the engine so i can put on the chain,its just way tooo tight!.what tools should i use? ill post a pic of the bolt.

bolt.jpg

Take your gear lever off and use a ratchet with the extension arm lol thats what i do....

Use a socket and the longest ratchet you can find, or if you dont have a long ratchet then put a pipe over the one you have to get more leverage.

dude the easy way is to go and find a loctite product called freeze and release all you have to do is spray it on it will make the metal contract and frees up the bolt

otherwise heeps of leverage will get it off

have fun

i will NEVER buy a china bike again ive learnt my lesson.the dam thing breaks in like 3 days...ill list a few things that have happend since i got it (got it last saturday night)

1.chain snapped in 3 places
2.cracked abit of the engine crank case (i think thats what its called)
3.bent brake lever (frend stacked it)
4.bent gear lever (frend stacked it)
5.back brakes have become unresponsive sometimes.
6.random oil leak.
7.gear lever stuffs up sometimes
8.kick start always jams

gosh when will the problems stop!?

its in the Oil Leak Thread,

hate to say it dude, but its only gonna get worse, you have bought a cheap n nasty $400 bike, things are always gonna be breaking on it sorry,

should have come here first and asked some questions on buying a bike, cause everyone would have told you to stay right away from that kinda bike,

just treat it carefully, and it might last bit longer,

well im planning to rawt some idiot for about $600 for the bike,so for about $800 what is good? pitpro?

ok guys,i bought a new chain its a 420 racing chain.the problem is the chain is way too long!! i brang the old chain into the shop and the guy goes it will fit but it doesnt am i suppose to remove some links to make it fit?

chains are always too long take your old chain to like honda or somthing i go mine done there and they will cut it to size for you.

ok guys,i bought a new chain its a 420 racing chain.the problem is the chain is way too long!! i brang the old chain into the shop and the guy goes it will fit but it doesnt am i suppose to remove some links to make it fit?

Yep.

Chains are meant to be too long as its easier to remove links than it is to replace them.

But don't pay a shop to do it (unless you're really not sure what you are doing).

just test fit it on your bike, then grind the pin away on the last link you wish to keep.

And of course, take care while you're doing it.

Last edited:
heres a pic of the difference..

DSCN0415.jpg

also,it came with this lil tool thingo what am i suppose to use this for?

DSCN0427.jpg

heres a pic of the box,is this a good chain? apparently its a japanese racing chain...well it cost me $65 what you reckon?

DSCN0437.jpg

that is a good chain D.I.D they use them on jap bikes, the little thing you are talking about is apart of the connecting link you MUST use it otherwise your chain will come apart.

you put the link in that connects the chain this metal washer thing then that clip that holds it together.

you put the link in that connects the chain this metal washer thing then that clip that holds it together.

alright,ill try doing everything together tomorrow morning.

Just wondering after i grind the pin away does the link come apart easy?

Latest posts

Back