Need urgent help with kickstart not fitting over spline!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liveto_ride

Reaction score
Hey guys i recently bought off eBay a custom gold kickstart for my 140cc pitpro with the YX engine.

After receiving the kick start and realising it did not fit, i looked on eBay and found out it is not suitable for the YX engines with the larger spline.

Just wondering what my options are to make it fit?

Do you have a 13mm or 16mm kickstart shaft?

16mm, but i got the smaller one, only now finding out it didn't fit! tried bending it out a bit to fit over, and snapped it at the weakest point :l

Get a forged kickstarter, Those "cnc" kickstarters bend, twist, snap and do just about everything you don't want them to do.

yeah that was my thought, i may try selling it and buying that forged one, i just like the colour and design of the gold one!

I stand by that kick starter aswell very strong but make sure to put it on the spine in the correct position, if you get it, install the original in the original position and open out the new forged one and put it on open in the same vertical position so as to get the full kick out of it i hope that makes sense. Also how are you gonna sell a broken kick starter, good luck with that.

Sorry I missed the most important part, they are sellin out a new one free of charge, but I am calling him first thing in the morning, and see if I can get a 16mm one.

Latest posts

Back