Needing Assistance

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyldOne

Reaction score
MiniRiders,

I've got a sticker kit and I'm having a handful of a time trying to put it on my plastics! It's a CRF50 sticker kit. Any tips on how to put them on, espically on the rear number plates?

warm soapy water,
spray some on the area where sticker is to go,
place sticker on
use some form of squeegee to get rid of bubbles,
---------------------------------------------------------
start at one corner
work along an edge and go slow
________
Nature Holistic Caregivers

Last edited:
spray window cleaner on the area where you want to put stickers and leave it for about a minuite then get a rag and clean it off untill it's dry

hope this helps :D

acetone works wonders for getting off the old sticker residue, I've never heard of using soapy water but it sounds like a good idea

i've found the easiest way of doing it, was to start with spotless plastics, a hairdrier, and three hands...
start by heating both the plastic bit in question, and the sticker with a hairdrier...
peel off one corner of the graphics/sticker...
make sure it's all lined up properly, then attach the initial point on a corner somewhere...
using the hairdrier, keep the heat on the sticker, and bit by bit, peel the backing off while applying the sticker to the plastic...
the heat will make it much easier to mould and stretch the sticker over bends, folds, corners and curves of the plastic.
when you've stuffed up the first one and discovered how to do it properly, pull out the back up set you bought, and try again. :D

acetone works wonders for getting off the old sticker residue, I've never heard of using soapy water but it sounds like a good idea

ACETONE :eek: that stuff has no place any where near a bike

i find peeling away a bit of one corner sticking it to the plastic then line up holes (may have to re lift sticker to get right) then slowly work your way across the sticker.....i dont use soapy water as the stickers tend to re lift after a while i found......with side guards i start at the center of the sticker(where the guard curves) and work my way to the edge of the sticker......i found this easier with side guards that have the bend for the exhaust in them.....or for a few extra bucks you can go to a sign shop and get them to put em on as they do this kinda thing for a living

and another tip before applying an expensive sticker kit is check the plastics for cracks if you find a crack get a $5 pack of contact glue, not the super strength stuff you want it to be a bit flexible and fill in the crack then cover the back of crack with the rest of the glue and put a cut out of fiberglass on there and massage it into the glue WEAR GLOVES lol. this makes sure the crack doesn't spread

Latest posts

Back