neerim and cops

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kosmoe

Reaction score
im keen as to go for a ride this weekend and few mates with big bangers r goin to neerim and i was thinking of taggin along on the 125 pitbike. would i get in trouble for riding it???

u cld tag along but mite got left behind dude, and for cop man there alwayz out there and ready to get any bike, but if ur got balls on a mini or a big bike to out run them go for it,,,, not sure where meerim is or wat it like for cops

It depends on the police that catch you and how fast you are. Some police will let you go with a warning if you play nice but if you run and they catch you well thats another story you will get raped.

im just gonna claim ignorance as if i can out run a cop on an 125

Your a dickhead either way. Caught or not.

I don't give a flying **** who else and how many other people ride there. If you intend on riding on public/council property and get caught for it then you deserve whats coming to you.

In my opinion I hope a copper reads this and gets the lot of you. So many people ride and get caught and give the other bike riders a bad name, big or small.

umm the big bikes have rec reg im the only one who doesnt and its only a crappy 125 calm down buddy y pay 400 in parts to rec reg a 400 ebay banga..

Save you money and get a rec reg bike.

Why'd you buy that $400 eBay bike?

I still hope you get caught.

umm the big bikes have rec reg im the only one who doesnt and its only a crappy 125 calm down buddy y pay 400 in parts to rec reg a 400 ebay banga..

Rec reg isnt that expensive and when you upgrade bikes you can always just switch all the gear over to get rec reg again.

dude its the third party cover ya need i would be worried about cops or a fine i would worrie i need a chopper to get me out , and i have to pay for that ,,

dude its the third party cover ya need i would be worried about cops or a fine i would worrie i need a chopper to get me out , and i have to pay for that ,,

Thats a major point that no one thinks about coz we all think it will never happen to us but unfortunately it does. A mate of mine had a head on with another rider and ended up with a caved in skull. He was only a 5 minute walk from home but required an airlift to get him out and to a hospital.
He didnt pay a cent coz he had rec reg but if he didnt then that bill wouldve been worth a lot more than the CR250 he was riding at the time.

Thats a major point that no one thinks about coz we all think it will never happen to us but unfortunately it does. A mate of mine had a head on with another rider and ended up with a caved in skull. He was only a 5 minute walk from home but required an airlift to get him out and to a hospital.
He didnt pay a cent coz he had rec reg but if he didnt then that bill wouldve been worth a lot more than the CR250 he was riding at the time.

A friend of the families had a head on with another rider and was killed.. It's scary some of the stuff that can happen when out bush...

But I stand by BD and say, if you get caught, don't come back here and whinge. Hope the bike gets taken off you.

A friend of the families had a head on with another rider and was killed.. It's scary some of the stuff that can happen when out bush...

But I stand by BD and say, if you get caught, don't come back here and whinge. Hope the bike gets taken off you.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Fortunately my mate survived but had some major face off type surgery coz they pulled back all the skin on his face to reconstruct his skull. Now his got a head full of Titanium but he still gets out and rides the trails as often as he can so it didnt slow him down. He still has the rego too ;)

well i dont really know much about rec reg and all that jazz im new to the bike game so geeze just chill out i was asking if i would get in trouble and u have a go at me for it.. i thought this was a friendly forum to ask questions and recieve help not to be told i hope u get your bike taken off u and im making you people doing the right thing look bad isnt that what im trying to do by asking???

well i dont really know much about rec reg and all that jazz im new to the bike game so geeze just chill out i was asking if i would get in trouble and u have a go at me for it.. i thought this was a friendly forum to ask questions and recieve help not to be told i hope u get your bike taken off u and im making you people doing the right thing look bad isnt that what im trying to do by asking???

If caught the possible fines could telly up to more than twice what you payed for your bike but it all depends on the cop that catches you at the time.

hey its all cool bud , im just givin advice , im not into ya mate sheesh i have ridden in same situation ,, just a heads up , look into it tho , its worth while and as thump said you can use the stuf rec for rec/reg on other bikes

welcome to the scence i wish you the best o luck , if ya need advice just ask , and the boys see it all the time , hence why they jump at the first chance

try a track day , might be the go till ya legal and stuff

SnItChY

Yeah your right it does matter who picks you up. We had a little track in the bush behind our house, there was a fuel container and a axe we were using to cut roots out of the ground. They drove down and called us out from the bush and asked what we were doing with them (there had been a car set on fire the week before around there).
They said if we keeping wearing all our gear and stay in the bush they dont really care.
and also told us if it was anyone else they would of told us to pack up and go home or give us a fine.

It also depend on where you are and what road, where i live alot of people zoom across the great southern highway and although I push mine across the great southern I still ride on the side of the road in back roads that are remote and secluded.
Also Cops appreciate U wearing gear( I wear helmet, Armour,neck brace,knee brace, kidney belt,boots,gloves and goggles and jersey and pants)
But the main point is that if you get caught u have to accept the consequences, your on an unlicensed bike on a road

The problem also is that if you head into the bush and there has been other pit bikes hooning around and you get busted they could slap you with there offences and you getting blamed I have heard of it happening before. But like Bournie said you just have to accept it. If you actually stopped your bike admitted you did something wrong then your more likely to get less in trouble.

But yeah I am against it, but im not going to flame because you came here asking doing the right thing. When I was younger I didn't know the big deal about it and rode in local bush luckily I never got pulled up but after knowing what the consequences are I dont ride local bush any more just track untill I am old enough for rec reg...But even then I'll probably get a full size.

Latest posts

Back