Neutral problem on lifan

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tysons_201

Reaction score
When i got my bike i only hit neutral sometimes when shifting 1st to 2nd. But now it does it from 2nd to 3rd and drops out of gear in 1st 2nd and 3rd.
Is there a fix for this? I've heard about modifying the shift star.
Or could it be because at the moment i'm running 15w-50 oil because thats all i had laying around. Also would this oil make the clutch heavier?
I've read on planetminis that a few people run 15w-50 with no problems.

duno what the cause is, But i doubit it would be oil. More likely a worn selector or something. Does it happen when you shift down? Mayb your not getting enough pressure on the lever with your shifts.

With these lil bikes it can be a bit tricky with boots on to grab gears when your busy.

selector shouldnt be worn as ive only done 2-3 tanks on the bike.

I've heard plenty say that oil selection makes a big difference in the gearbox operation in these.

tysons_201 said:
I'm running castrol activ4t mineral based

I gave this oil a go last time, seemed impressive and yes, i did notice that it slipped out of second a few times, also when in 4th it would go back to third, BAck to my normal oil and the problem has gone, Also used to slip into neutral from second when the chain was running in. But thats all fixed now.

"I'm running castrol activ4t mineral based"

thats whats in my bike atm and im not poping back gear. Only the occasional neutral from 2nd... buts its very rare.

Latest posts

Back