NEW AND 2$ WAY TO GET THOSE PLASTICKS SPARKLING (even black)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dime_megga

Reaction score
Hi all, for a while i have sufferd with dull flat coloured plasticks (mine being black) and tried wax and all that, didnt work propley, then the weirdest idea came to my head,

(pls note bedore you read on im only 15 years old, so if it seems completely stupid, i wouldnt blame you, BUT THIS REALLY WORKS I PROMISE YOU!!!)

STEP.1: go to coles,iga,ritchies,safeway,god i dont care, just go to a supermarket.

STEP.2:Buy some HAIRSPRAY!!, yes thats right HAIRSPRAY!!! but try find somthing that states somthing like.. high shine, high lacqer somthing to the effect of high shine...

!!!!!!!!!!!!KEEP READING!!!!!!!!!!!
i have photo proof of what happens

STEP.3: spray your gards, BUT watch that sticker kit, if you have a cheap paper one, then i suggest u cover it up, but i got mine off ebay for 99 cents ($12.00 postage PFFT thats bs) but still a good price, and they are like a hard sort of plastic sticker, good stuff, as long as u dont have paper stickers u will be okay.

AND i know what ur thinking, its just gonna get all sticky and s**t ITS HAIRSPRAY DAHHH but no, it gets tacky for about 5 mins not even, then dries up i litterly walked outside, got some dirt, threw it @ the bike, had mum yelling at me to vaccume it all up, ran my finget along the dust marks, and it came off and didnt leave 1 mark, allmost as if it was paint,

when you are spraying, dont get that STUPID idea that the more the better, be sensible, yes it does just wash off with water, but still... get it right the first time,

DO NOT BE INPATIENT WITH THE DRYING, if u use a blow dryer or somthing like that, it will bubble.

hope use like, now i dunno bout WHITE :) but it deffs works for black
and blue,red,ect

P.S when ur spraying, if any white bubles (foam) comes up DONT TOUCH IT! just blow it untill it dissapeers under a gard, it doesnt come up once its dry anyways :)

!!!HERES UR PROOF!!!!

the first pic (massive exaust)
is an example of some one elses bike i found here even his gards are dull.. (no offence & im sorry to the guy who ownes is he comes accross this, but its a common problem, dw bout it, all the rest of he pics are of my bike (back weel in the shop till morning :( )

mm soz the pics arnt coming out the best, in the sun it looks MAGIC!!!!! :p

Attachments

• dull black.jpg
    dull black.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 50
  • PIC_0813.jpg
    PIC_0813.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 40
  • PIC_0821.jpg
    PIC_0821.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 25
  • PIC_0817.jpg
    PIC_0817.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 28
  • PIC_0828.jpg
    PIC_0828.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 18
  • PIC_0838.jpg
    PIC_0838.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 15
  • PIC_0840.jpg
    PIC_0840.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
:p love that exhaust mod:p be a prick on the jumps , but who needs wheelie bars?

looks sorta like an xr100 down the road...

dude silicon spray try that!!!

Just dont put it on your seat

or you can use WD40 that works a treat and also seals out moisture, i spray it over my linkages,axles etc after washing then dry ya bike grab a rag and coat it in WD40 and wipe over all ya plastics and they shine up real good.

dude
do the plastics dull up when you wash it
i'd imagine so

the best way to freshen up a set of plastics is to rub em back with the finest stuf you can find to take the scratches out
then grab a heat gun and run it over it
be careful not to burn em
works a treat

or you could do what the previous owner of my bike did and just paint them a different colour

Latest posts

Back